STEINBERG VIRTUAL BASSIT

Hi, I am having many troubles with CAKEWALK by BANDLAB and Steinberg Virtual Bassist.
The VST is well recognized by the CAKEWALK, and even it began to work, but once you picked the sound you may like in the VST, it crashes all around.  And that’s all.
Does anyone has the same problem??? Any Help? Please.
W10 / 64

22 hours ago, bdickens said:

That is a depreciated, unsupported 32bit plugin. Not worth the hassle.

Deprecated AND depreciated. ;)

Seriously, though, we all have favorite plugins that were officially retired long ago. Nothing inherently wrong with older 32-bit plugins -- as long as they still work. Sounds like this one's got some issues, and Steinberg is never going to address them.

I'd starting poking around for a replacement. Sorry, I have no suggestions, as I've never used this specific one. I'm guessing it's a bass instrument with some canned MIDI or loops/phrases? If you're just using it as a soft synth, try SI-Bass that came with Cakewalk. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, abacab said:

I had never heard of it, but found this article at SOS.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/steinberg-virtual-bassist

...From 2005.

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

try SI-Bass that came with Cakewalk. 

Bingo. Because it at least works.

Indeed. Nothing inherently wrong with old, no-longer-supported 32 bit plugins. If they work. If they don't, it isn't worth fighting with them.

1 minute ago, bdickens said:

Bingo. Because it at least works.

But if you at least glanced at that SOS article from from 2005, you would have realized that a basic SI Bass virtual bass is no substitute for Steinberg VB, and all the bells and whistles Steinberg included with that (retail in 2005 for £179.99/USD $246).

It looks like you would at least need a ToonTrack EZBass, or a ujam Virtual Bassist to come close to replacing it.

37 minutes ago, abacab said:

But if you at least glanced at that SOS article from from 2005, you would have realized that a basic SI Bass virtual bass is no substitute for Steinberg VB, and all the bells and whistles Steinberg included with that (retail in 2005 for £179.99/USD $246).

It looks like you would at least need a ToonTrack EZBass, or a ujam Virtual Bassist to come close to replacing it.

I did. And Steinberg's thing cost roughly in that  range. Back when it was available.

So it looks like the OP - if he comes back- is gonna have to either pry his wallet open or learn how to write bass lines.

Edited by bdickens
  • Great Idea 1