Is the new Bandlab better than Sonar X3 Producer?

christophe71

Question

Newbie here,

Sonar X3 Producer used to be top of the line of cakewalk products back in the days. I have it on Steam.

So I'm wondering is the new Bandlab far superior than everything in there or I should just stick to X3 Producer?

Is there anything that the new Bandlab doesn't have in Producer version? 

Thank you

10 answers to this question

CbB was created from SONAR Platinum code.

Since that time the DAW has received numerous fixes and enhancements.

CbB does not include many of the plug-ins and other content bundled with SONAR Platinum, however; it will take advantage of the plug-ins and content bundled with any 64bit versions of SONAR installed on the PC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scook said:

CbB was created from SONAR Platinum code.

Since that time the DAW has received numerous fixes and enhancements.

CbB does not include many of the plug-ins and other content bundled with SONAR Platinum, however; it will take advantage of the plug-ins and content bundled with any 64bit versions of SONAR installed on the PC.

ok im glad you mentioned CbB, cuz i saw a separate one Bandlab by itself, quess ill skip that. and yep, already installed x3 producer bundle

Edited by christophe71

3 hours ago, christophe71 said:

Newbie here,

Sonar X3 Producer used to be top of the line of cakewalk products back in the days. I have it on Steam.

So I'm wondering is the new Bandlab far superior than everything in there or I should just stick to X3 Producer?

Is there anything that the new Bandlab doesn't have in Producer version? 

Thank you

It's more than X3.

The move will be guaranteed. The fun part is, you can install Cakewalk by Bandlab on top of Sonar X3 and have both X3 and CbB on your system.

How about that sauce for you?

• Like 1