Existing user - Cakewalk Activation Failing

JohnK

I have been using Cakewalk for a while, but haven't used it recently for a number of months.

When I start it up, it now asks me to activate. So I go into the bandlab activation form, and when I press  OK, it says Network error. Is there an issue right now? or do I have other issues.

The following appears at the bottom right of my screen.

571879827_activationrequired.PNG.e8a6b4aa503c0068bb392745faa43243.PNG

When I go to Help>Refresh Activation it takes me to:

610913131_refreshactivation.thumb.PNG.02684884664fc476469b0d8f8257f8fd.PNG

After filling in my details and clicking "Log In" I get:

880729418_pleasetryagainlater.PNG.965c31295e5a9b16a065307c5ac9a9df.PNG

And to add to the confusion (ie I think its another unrelated issues), when I went away to my browser to type this up, back to Cakewalk, I got the following.

499236874_scriptingerror.thumb.PNG.3ac01e7685b9cf5fa6a426c31904c567.PNG

ooooh... almost forgot, this is my version

version.PNG.16f20543242ec58a85237e51ebd7d112.PNG

Edited by JohnK
add version

I thought maybe it was possibly a version issue, so I re-downloaded the latest assistant, and tried using the "Update" from the assistant. It seems to be stuck.

1558529561_downloadfailing.PNG.125e1f2cb3b63efd1f5dc81023925a14.PNG

Its been stuck on Downloading 0/0 for a number of minutes. I have a very good internet connection, which is obviously working, as I can post here. I have also switched off my firewall for good measure.

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Which cakewalk version are you currently running?
...snip...

I expected that question... and hence I included the image in  the original post with the version :D

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Unless your in app install isn't working for some reason.

And that's what I would like to diagnose before I install another program on my system. I am not someone who will just install apps willy-nilly. I use my computer for more than just Cakewalk; including work. I want to know the "for some reason". Why would it fail?

Remember, last night I became un-activated, and this morning it somehow became activated.

Edited by JohnK

Its an installer not a program you need to keep around. Cakewalk doesnt get deactivated on its on unless the lease expired.
Since the old build you had we implemented auto activation so you will be unlikely to run into that again as long as you can log in.
It likely activated itself because something was preventing web access and now that its successful it self activated.
BandLab assistant will likely not be used going forward so its in your best interest to log in through Cakewalk itself since updates and activation are seamless.
This was explained in the release notes for the 2021.01 update.

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Its an installer not a program you need to keep around. Cakewalk doesnt get deactivated on its on unless the lease expired.
Since the old build you had we implemented auto activation so you will be unlikely to run into that again as long as you can log in.
It likely activated itself because something was preventing web access and now that its successful it self activated.
BandLab assistant will likely not be used going forward so its in your best interest to log in through Cakewalk itself since updates and activation are seamless.
This was explained in the release notes for the 2021.01 update.

So, let me get this right; ignoring what has happened in my recent past to not waste either of our time, and just move forward.

I need to

1. use the installer application this one time,
  2. and once I have upgraded, I can then go back to updating from within cakewalk,
  3. and can also then uninstall the Bandlab Assistant?

16 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes just make sure that your are able to successfully log in from Cakewalk and from then onward no user intervention is typically required. You can verify it's working by doing a check for updates from the help menu and opening the BandLab library view from the file menu.

I've held back on uninstalling bandlab assistant, as I *think* the install of the latest might have taken me through re-logon.

I have had a break for a few months, and I now have the latest version installed. Interesting to see that something I posted as a bug in one of the previous releases has been fixed. Haven't tested it, and it was so obvious to me, I am sure it would of already have been quietly on the books to be corrected already.😉

Thanks for your help.

oops... might have spoke too soon. Just ran the "Check for updates" from the help menu, and got this

1519266121_cakewalkupdatecheck.PNG.eeeacaab8a4e8ed96ea6bde5d93b3bc3.PNG

NB: I have the latest version installed

1406510020_cakewalkversion.PNG.62a5fc5f4efbc1d7540f50b74f9bdc7a.PNG

I also looked for the "Library View" under the file menu, and I didn't see it. The following is what shows up under my files menu.

100530110_cakewalklibrarycheck.PNG.74338b0250d94bec98b3adf8cc6cc45b.PNG