Music to be made after Monday 19 July, 2021

Bapu

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

Hey Ed. I was sitting here thinking about your instrument. Did the bass ever show up?

@Shane_B.Actually no. It got sent back to MF. According to UPS it was undeliverable. MF says that usually means it was damaged. So I'm having that order cancelled (there are no more in stock, blah blah blah). I found a used one in excellent shape on Reverb.com. It's due to arrive on Thursday.

In the meantime I'm looking at a Sterling (Music Man import line) StingRay 4H/4HH or the more higher priced Ernie Ball Music Man StungRay 4H/4HH. Shooting for one of those at the end of the year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bapu said:

@Shane_B.Actually no. It got sent back to MF. According to UPS it was undeliverable. MF says that usually means it was damaged. So I'm having that order cancelled (there are no more in stock, blah blah blah). I found a used one in excellent shape on Reverb.com. It's due to arrive on Thursday.

In the meantime I'm looking at a Sterling (Music Man import line) StingRay 4H/4HH or the more higher priced Ernie Ball Music Man StungRay 4H/4HH. Shooting for one of those at the end of the year.

Glad you found one but I'm sorry you had to go through all that though.

IT IS ALIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

(those white speckles on the left side of the body are just light reflections.
image.png.4e9a4c0c9162a4c67bb29f9b1d0c65ab.png

BTW, E for Eddie is what The Lovely Lady has decided.

It is used but the only blemish is on the back. As long as I don't play with my teeth like Hendrix the crowd with never know it has that blemish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bapu said:

IT IS ALIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

It is used but the only blemish is on the back. As long as I don't play with my teeth like Hendrix the crowd with never know it has that blemish.

Congrats, mate!

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

Transcript:

Bapu: "Hey honey, look what I've got...."

TLL: (Thinks........FFS.....another freaking guitar.......and he has the nerve to complain about me buying more cushions than is "strictly necessary"......what has he ever done with all the freaking guitars that's freaking "necessary"????) 

Says: " That's nice dear."

Bapu: What shall we call it ?

TLL: (Thinks........it's a bit of fancy shaped  wood with wires stretched over it......how can it possibly need a name FFS????)

Says: " Erm, well it's yours honeybunny, so you should decide......."

Bapu: "But, it would mean so much to me if you named it......."

TLL: "Ok then...."   (Looks around room desperately trying to think of a name......any name......) "Erm, how about........E for ermmm.........Ed?"

Bapu: That's it............ Amazing!! (Thinks: She's so instantly creative - I don't know how she thinks of these things so quickly.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

IT IS ALIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

Way to go Ed!  As I said before, I was looking at either that or an Eccleshall bass (which after talking with Chris, was WAY out of my budget!).  Since I (like Wibbles) listening to a lot of bands like the Cure, Joy Division and New Order, I was jonesing for a chambered bass.  Let me know how you like it! 🙂

Here's a pic of an Eccleshall for comparisons:

eccleshall-bass-xl.jpg?v=1618931963