Music to be made after Monday 19 July, 2021

Bapu

Update Tuesday 20 July 2021: Shipper created a label, ups has not received the package yet.

That's the scheduled delivery date for this Epi Jack Casady Signature Bass:

image.png.e98386477fca55a19e9709266a79a080.png

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

My opinion is it should be a lot cheaper, it's all backwards 🤣😂

What's sad is there are several Fender dealers here. One is 20 minutes from my house. Nobody has them and have no idea when they can get them ... but I can have one here by Monday if I order it on Amazon.

7 hours ago, Bapu said:

My opinion is it should be a lot cheaper, it's all backwards 🤣😂

That looks  a bit strange to me, apart from it being backward!!

And calling it a Telecaster seems a bit of a reach🤪

I decided a while ago not to buy anymore Guitars......................i decided to design and Build my own!!!!!!!!

I'm am hoping it will be finished in the next month.....only taken me a year so far😞

By the way Baps, like the Jack Cassidy Bass - looks cool

Nigel

Music to be made after Monday 19 July, 2021

And I forgot to say I thought you were referring to FREEDOM DAY as the idiot Politicians have called the 19th July in the UK - my brother tells me come Monday, all lockdown nonsense stopped and things are back to normal, or as far as they can be.

Unfortunately here in South Africa our Politicians are too stupid to be called idiots.........so we still have very hard lock down and because of nearly 18 months of this nonsense, jobs have been decimated, with little to no Government help - the maximum the Government paid all these people (who the Government put out of work) - R350 per month - that is US$23 per month to feed your family..........and that stopped a while ago - i think our President said the Country could not afford it any longer as he need a new Presidential jet, or something like that🤪🤪

so no job, locked away in very substandard housing with little to no heating,  in MID Winter and a very cold and wet winter...equals Riots and Looting and guess what, that's exactly what happened!!

Opps, sorry got on my soap box a bit there....Sorry Bapu, didn't mean to hijack your thread at all

Cheers

Nigel

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

And I forgot to say I thought you were referring to FREEDOM DAY as the idiot Politicians have called the 19th July in the UK - my brother tells me come Monday, all lockdown nonsense stopped and things are back to normal, or as far as they can be.

I think your brother is about to be very disappointed. Basically nothing has changed at all and it isn't going to anytime soon because no "emergency" would mean that certain products that are only authorised for emergency use can no longer be used.

Anyway, back OT .........More expensive fire wood for Bapu, or is EZ bass not all it's cracked up to be after all ?😀

5 hours ago, paulo said:

or is EZ bass not all it's cracked up to be after all ?😀

I've yet to use it for anything, and when I do it will be for instructional purposes only (i.e. to understand a style I've not played before).

Now EZKeys on the other hand has been used a number of times to build up a demo before real players have done their part. In one case (Nattmara by BJZ) EZKeys was used as the foundation of the song and remained in the final version.

Edited by Bapu

16 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

What's sad is there are several Fender dealers here. One is 20 minutes from my house. Nobody has them and have no idea when they can get them ... but I can have one here by Monday if I order it on Amazon.

You wanna know why the mom & pop stores are struggling? That's it right there; not because big corporations are evil.

I played bass for a few years during the psychedelic era, when saxophones were out of favor. I owned a Fender P Bass that I bought used.

Before that I doubled on bass in groups when there was no sax part, the bass player switched to rhythm guitar.

I sold the P bass and now own a 'lawsuit era' J Bass. I haven't played it in years, though.

That Casady bass is good-looking, and probably easier on the shoulder than a P Bass.

Enjoy your new toy.

Notes

• Great Idea 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:54 AM, craigb said:

I told you you'd eventually get one of those! 😁

It's (Epi Bass) is pretty reminiscent of my very first (el-cheapo) bass. and with that I now own a nearly close full roundup of every bass I individually owned (up to the Alembic) 

El-Cheapo (now represented by the Epi)

Fender P-Bass (White then and now)

Gibson EB-3* (Orig was Cherry but I could only find a Walnut this time around)

Rickenbacker (current is the same color as then)

Alembic Series I (never got rid of this one)

*Actually there was a Cherry EB-0 for about a month or so that I ****HATED**** and would never want one again, so that one gets skipped.

On 7/18/2021 at 2:24 AM, Bajan Blue said:

That looks  a bit strange to me, apart from it being backward!!

And calling it a Telecaster seems a bit of a reach🤪

I'm right handed but play left handed. It's a curse. Plenty of the right handed ones to be found everywhere. But it seems the only place I can get a lefty is from 2 non-returnable sellers on Amazon. IOW it's not sold by Amazon so I can't just return it. 

If you check the videos on youtube it emulates a Tele. And a bunch of acoustics. Then you can blend them. Great for recording.

I wish I would have had something like this when I played live. What draws me to it now is it's getting harder and harder to play my real acoustic. Hurts my hands a lot. I always wished I could get an acoustic with a thin neck like this has.

It's a modelling guitar. The sounds aren't actually coming from the body of the guitar itself. You can sit and play it but it's pretty thin sounding. It's amazing what they can do with modelling now.  I can only imagine what's coming in the next 10 years.