Ezbass $119 at best service

kevin H

I've been finding BestService to be one of the cheapest resellers lately.  I recently bought some Kuassa plugins from them - great deal right now!  The website is not greatest shopping experience, but it certainly gets the job done.  😉

Edited by mibby

There was a YouTube video recently comparing EZbass and ujam Virtual Bassist v2. That would be a different struggle. I have MODO Bass, and that's not the same at all.

What you could do is record/edit your MIDI parts from either EZbass, or ujam Virtual Bassist v2, and then play the part back with a custom MODO bass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I’ve only had ezbass for a day but something I thought was really nice was converting guitar audio into bass midi.  I can see this saving me tons of time.  There are a lot of videos showing this. This is one example.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

MODO is a great sounding bass! Plus the advantage of modeling rather than sampling is that you can set up a bass exactly the way you like it. As far as I know, all of the alternatives to MODO use samples. So with samples there's no way to change the many bass options unless they are also included in the sample library.

But with MODO you can switch from 4 strings to 5 or 6 strings, fingered or picked, round or flat wound strings, passive or active electronics , body style, etc., with just a few clicks... :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 8:08 AM, Sander Verstraten said:

MODO bass for the sound. And EZBass for the songwriting tools.

Certainly MODO for sound. To muddy the waters further the Ample Sound basses sound terrific and have a different set of songwriting tools to EZBass and should be included in a comparison. Ample's riffer function is very powerful with a large library of parts that really nail things like string selection for greater realism,  EZ is better for chord progressions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Get 'em all!!! 😁

And to expand on this comment, I will add that MODO Bass sounds great, but doesn't have any songwriting or player assists.

EZBass has a plethora of songwriting assists and multiple ways to get your music into it and create bass parts that work with your music, as a composer or producer.

And the ujam Virtual Bassist has a focus on being the bass player, with included styles and 1,000+ phrases.  VB 2.0 includes both a player mode and an instrument mode. The phrases in VB 2.0 can be dragged into your DAW track, retaining the key info  that your currently selected pattern is currently being played with.

So I cannot see much overlap between these 3 products... I would say that they are complementary. :)

• Thanks 2