Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It sounds well recorded and mixed but. it goes no where it just loops around and around and around.

Is it intended to be a "Beat" for someone else to develop?

What did you use to create it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

larry carlton--rippingtons simple love it.ya gotta take this beauty to a few more sections.jack c.

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, Wookiee said:

It sounds well recorded and mixed but. it goes no where it just loops around and around and around.

Is it intended to be a "Beat" for someone else to develop?

What did you use to create it?

 😄I know I still need work on my arrangement skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good start to something that could be very cool and funky.  It just needs a few more parts to be complete, and then you may well have a gem.  I'll stay tuned for the rest of this story.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Nok Nod Gorilla Fist said:

 😄I know I still need work on my arrangement skills

Actually your basic arrangement is fine, what this needs is some additional ear candy to take one's attention from the repetition. 

This type of repetition is comon in most normal song formats, I.e. intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus etc.

Try adding a lead line, possibly a breakdown? 

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good start. It reminds me of Larry Carlton's tune Room 335 (where Larry borrowed the intro chords to Steely Dan's PEG)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Good start. It reminds me of Larry Carlton's tune Room 335 (where Larry borrowed the intro chords to Steely Dan's PEG)

is Carlton a Jazz artist, if so I will be  looking for more possible sample material from him. This was a Spyro gyra sample image.png.38ce114d598d864d53c2a64016c2c6ef.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nok Nod Gorilla Fist said:

is Carlton a Jazz artist, if so I will be  looking for more possible sample material from him. This was a Spyro gyra sample image.png.38ce114d598d864d53c2a64016c2c6ef.png 

Yes, similar style & era as Gyra.

 

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...