Automatic Switching of ASIO Buffer Size Possible?

Rickddd

1 hour ago, Rickddd said:

So for now, I'm happy with the card.

If you want to prove the card is as  good as you believe it is,  then perform the loopback test as recommended by @azslow3   This is a real good  test and sometimes an eye opener.  I started life with an SB Audigy II card. I still have it. It was cool to have the 1/4" jacks right on the front of the computer. But the ASIO drivers ,as said, were terrible. My tracks were always randomly out of sync. It took a long time to figure this out. My recordings sounded so bad I went back to using a Yamaha MD 8 for another 4 years.   I switched to an M Audio Fast track pro and most of my timing issues vanished. But the M Audio would disconnect all the time, so then onward ho to a Tascam which also had bad drivers for about 4 years. They eventually put out a solid driver. But before that happened I bought a Focusrite which I will say has never let me down, Now I have a Motu which is also rock solid. With any of these 3 interfaces  I can work on just about anything at 256 buffer and its not something I have to think about. That's why I find this thread a mystery to begin with.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:06 PM, Rickddd said:

The Creative Labs Soundblaster Z card is a high end card specifically made for audio production, 

This is wrong. It is not for Audio Production, but merely to bring an HD system performance to the standard onboard sound card of the PC, for better enhanced quality and connection with HIFI systems (Surround Sounds with Dolby.) It was build for gaming sound and streaming. I'm a gamer too and I have this. 

These are two different worlds. 

If you download better Standard Asio Drivers like "Asio4All" you might get a better performance. It comes with higher latency settings from 0  to 2048 ms. 

5 hours ago, Rickddd said:

Now lets say, instead, I come into the eye doctor and sit in the chair. Only in this scenario, I can see the chart perfectly without any glasses at all.  I can read the finest print.  The eye doctor says to me "what prescription do you need?"  My response is "none at all".

In the first post you wrote you want fast way to switch buffers, since you do this all the time and that annoys you. We have tried to explain why other users rarely (if at all) forced to switch buffers. And why your audio interface is almost the worst possible for music recording.

"Sound latency perception" is personal, absolute value in numbers is not.  You are happy with "2ms" setting. Great. In practice that means you are happy with ~20ms key to sound latency (as most people do). That in turn means you can use any modern USB ASIO aware interface with "forgiving"  buffer size on not death optimized system and probably eliminate any buffer switching. 

As you can read, you are not the only one who believed SB cards have lower latency since they are not USB, are good for music production since ADs claim so and have good drivers since Creative is the "marked leader". Most people are moved on, after realizing (technically and acoustically) that is not the case. And so we  make the point (friendly). I think it is time to stop for me... 😏