Didn't see anywhere else to post this... IK welcomes Joe Satriani (AXE I/O & AmpliTube user) to the IK family of artists

Satriani_news@2x.jpg

We are proud to welcome legendary guitarist and long-time IK user Joe Satriani to its family of artists. IK is excited to partner with Satriani, first on a series of videos sharing Joe’s extensive expertise in recording guitar, and later on more formal collaborations to help guitarists get the most out of their playing & recording experience.

"I’m happy to be working with IK Multimedia. I’ve used AmpliTube software at home, in the studio and on several albums. And now, the AXE I/O ups my game in the studio." - Joe Satriani

In the video below, Satriani explains some of his philosophy when recording, the importance of finding just the right tone for a particular recording, and some of the ways tools like AmpliTube and AXE I/O can help make the process of laying down guitar tracks much more productive and satisfying:

https://youtu.be/GR_F490t8CE

Satriani shares his thoughts on digital recording and how AXE I/O can play an important role:

"When I saw this, I thought ‘oh wow this is great. I know exactly how I’m going to use this."

"What guitar players really want is to see a clear place to plug in. They want control over the gain of the input and the nature of the input in itself. This [AXE I/O] is actually affording the guitar player all those things and you’ve got those extra controls that you can play with the impedance in a way that would mimic the difference between a vintage strat and a brand new guitar."

Inspired by the new relationship and Satriani’s personal recording process, IK Multimedia also announces a firmware update to AXE I/O, improving its onboard Amp Out feature that eliminates the need for a DI box during the re-amplification process. For a more convenient experience for guitarists, AXE I/O’s software control panel now features a “To Amp Out” button that routes the Instrument Input 1 directly to the Amp Out with zero latency so guitarists can easily record both a clean DI signal and their amplifier simultaneously, without the need for splitters or other external gear.

For more information about Joe Satriani, please visit: www.satriani.com

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

Does the AXE I/O integrate with CbB? And if so, more specifically, was it tested with CbB?

AXE I/O is a standard audio interface which has its own drivers so it would work with CbB like any other proper audio interface.  Thanks!  Glad you like AXE I/O.  I'll see if anybody has put it through its paces with CbB.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:59 PM, hockeyjx said:

I am definitely looking for a new interface, but need to know it plays well with CbB ...and that drivers will be updated like the big players in the space. I like that it appears to be a guitar-player-centric unit.

Certainly.  The drivers will keep getting updated, we even updated based on user (and Joe's) feedback for the new routing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm shopping around for a new interface and seriously thinking of getting the Axe. Anyone have this or know someone who uses it? Would like some actual user based thoughts/reviews (if possible).   

41 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

I did buy it and just got it. Hadn't put it through the paces yet.

Would really appreciate your thoughts on this (when you get a moment to test it out)...

Sweetwater seems to have one with my name on it... :)