StaffPad -33% ($90->$60) on App Store (iPadOS)

sarine

I don't know how relevant the review in the first video is, dating back a year and half. Handwriting recognition was an utter mess somewhere between updates. I think it was at its best after some update in Sep-Dec 2020, but I can't say what the current state is as I haven't used it in a few months, and the quality hasn't been a steady upward curve as they did manage to make it worse between updates.

That said, even when it works well (IMO), you still have to write in a style that StaffPad recognizes, so there is some learning curve in just getting accustomed to its quirks. Sometimes it's difficult (or downright impossible) to understand what it is with your notation that the app can interpret it to mean something so completely different from what you actually wrote, no matter how careful and clear about your intention you try to be. So there have definitely been some issues that should be taken care of in the recognition engine and not the user.

When it works, it's great and engaging and provides a good workflow, but again the editing functionality has a learning curve. 

The stock sounds have been good enough for my purposes.

You can import & export MIDI and MusicXML. I haven't tried importing so I don't know if/how it handles multitracks.

It is a finicky beast. Someone I know has it on her SurfacePro and she is fantastic with it. On my 2n1 Envy I have struggled at times. I think the Pixel chip MS has in the SP helps a great deal.  Still a nice program to have especially at the sale price.