Sonokinetic flash sale up to 50% off

Fleer

eh... they are always making it so hard, I mean we're not talking software from the $29 price tag, right? so are they having such a good sales figures that the're expecting you to impulse-buy €150 software...? 🤔

Edited by chris.r

• 2 weeks later...

So during this flash sale I picked up Ibrido Cinematica which was one of the few libraries of theirs I didn't have.  Sadly it doesn't work with Kontakt 6.6.0 in Steinberg DAWs (Cubase and Nuendo) using the VST3 version.  It won't restore/reload your instrument settings.  Works fine in VST3 in Cakewalk and Reaper but not in Cubase or Nuendo.  Sonokinetic's support advised me to remove the VST3 plugin and fall back to the VST2 version.  Which of course makes every single project I've saved with the VST3  Kontakt plugin not load the saved settings.  So a total non-starter for me.

They claim it's Steinberg's fault, but I think that seems kind of suspect.  I suspect it's more a combination of Native Instruments and the specific scripting the Ibrido instruments are doing.  Given there are three companies involved with this problem and I have no energy or interest to make a giant internet/YouTube/Twitter/Twitch issue about it, I figure the odds it ever being fixed is way less than zero.

So heads up, if you haven't upgraded to Kontakt 6.6.0 you might want to pull the VST3 version after you update but before you get committed to it (their are other libraries that also have problems with the VST3 version).  To do this, after upgrading if you go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and rename Kontakt.vst3 to Kontakt.BAD you'll fall back to the VST2 version and I think be good to go.  If you have already upgraded and are too far along to just toss it, don't use any of the Ibrido instruments, they won't reload correctly, or just use Cakewalk/Reaper and avoid Steinberg DAWs.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@Matthew Sorrels really appreciate your feedback. I didn't pick up any of the sale items but I have Ibrido Favola and just started wondering whether it will have same problems but didn't have time to check. I did upgrade Kontakt to 6.6.0 just recently but I'm still using the VST2 version for any major project. Was just not enough time to validate the VST3 version yet, in my opinion.

• Great Idea 1