Cakewalk not loading Waves Plugins [SOLVED]

Hello folks,

I worked on a project an hour ago, which was fine.

Just went back in and no Waves plugins are loading for that or any other project.

Went to Waves Central and no V9 or 11 plugin licenses are showing.

Benn having problems with Cakewalk unceremoniously shutting down the PC when playing projects  recently so I don't know if it's Waves, Cakewalk or general PC malaise 😞

Cheers for any pointers
M

Edited by Murray Webster

2 hours ago, Murray Webster said:

Found the licenses but when opening a project Cakewalk says error loading WaveShell1-VST3 9.92_x64 and WaveShell1-VST3 11.0_x64 

They are in the folder it is searching. Latest version of Cakewalk.

Any clues?

Cheers!

M

Just hit the same issue. I installed  and activated some V12 plugins on a second computer (got a second license with some recent updates of owned plugs). Latest install of CbB.

During the scan for the new plugs, I got: The following plug-in caused an error during load: WaveShetll1-VST3 12.7_x64 and WaveShetll1-VST 12.7_x64. Pop up suggested I disable them so the system doesn't become unstable. Did that. 

Also got a separate toast error notification during the attempted install... Error: [WaveShell7-VST 10.0_x64] Main Call. 

Looking for some help as well. Thanks!

Sort of glad I'm not the only one, but not really...

Emailed Waves and hoping for a further reply tomorrow.

Tried rescanning CbB plugins but it goes into a loop of asking to open a folder where the plugins reside and not accepting anything.

Hate it when you end up wasting days on this with tight deadlines!

Best
M

I emailed Waves Support as well, and was pleasantly surprised by the quick response of a couple of hours. Here's the reply.

<<Let's first try refreshing the Windows redistributables.

Redistributables are components of code which among other things, are also responsible for many functions of Waves plugins.

Please follow these next steps:

Quit all applications.

Make sure all the latest windows updates are installed.

Go to C:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\Redistributables.

Now, go through each folder and run all the Application files, one by one ( Let me know if you're getting any errors). Select the 'Repair' option to repair all of them.

If prompted to restart, you can skip that until you finish all the files.

See if you can load the plugins.>>

I haven't had time to try this, so can't say if it fixes it or not. 

12 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Go to C:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\Redistributables.

Now, go through each folder and run all the Application files, one by one ( Let me know if you're getting any errors). Select the 'Repair' option to repair all of them.

If prompted to restart, you can skip that until you finish all the files.

See if you can load the plugins.>>

I haven't had time to try this, so can't say if it fixes it or not. 

Thanks Billy...yes, that worked!

I got one error but rebooted and the plugins all seem to load OK.

Pleasantly surprised at the speed of response too.

Phew! Thanks so much!

Best
M

• 1 year later...

Thank you!  I removed Visual C++ version 2005, because I had been reading about issues it caused.  Apparently, that screwed up a bunch of things.  Right at that time, I started using Bandlab Cakewalk instead of my actual Sonar Platinum, because i wanted to see if there were more features.  And that began a whole rabbit hole of problems with plugins working in Sonar but not in BL.  

This seems to have fixed it!  Thanks so much for posting this.  My own fault, but I didn't make the connection until I read this.