ADIOS

Miguel Carzola

Hi Kwalkers.

Some time ago a buddy and I decided to seek a record deal in Spanish. The record deal hadn't been an attractive thing for a long time already but it would still be a shortcut cus larger record companies have the infrastructure to get an artist exposure. A friend who was a former industry executive offered to help and asked that we look for hits to remake since those songs already have an audience. We picked a few songs from the 70s through the 90s and made a few demos to gauge interest. At the time we were fans of big-voiced singers of those decades so we chose some of their songs to remake. This is one is "Adios. Hoy Sobran Las Palabras" by Fernando de Madariaga, He used to be backed by full orchestras and big productions, but we did it more in a Vocal pop group format.  No loops. No samples.

This was the original

Edited by Miguel Carzola

Good luck on your quest to get a recording deal from a record company because you definitely have the chops and skills to get one.  Don't give up on being original, however, because people are looking for the next "big" thing all the time.  I'd love to hear more of your work!

6 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Miguel , Extremely well done on the vocals. Your vocal range is Very impressive. I love the cadence of the lyrics on a well sung song in Spanish. I also think it takes a lot of confidence to post a cover song  with the original.  Enjoyed it .  mark

Mark!

Thank you so much for your kind comments.  I really appreciate your observations.  I'm a fan of how you craft your music. Thank you for taking the time. 🙂

2 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Good luck on your quest to get a recording deal from a record company because you definitely have the chops and skills to get one.  Don't give up on being original, however, because people are looking for the next "big" thing all the time.  I'd love to hear more of your work!

Lynn.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. As I mentioned, a record deal was a possibility we were exploring at the time but we eventually went a different route. These days I'm actually content with working on music instead of trying to be the artist.   As for being original, I have a bunch of originals that I'm revisiting and I'll continue to post here. They're all in various stages of development (I'm sure most people here can relate😂), but the push back then was to give a potential backer a remake to release as a way into a market so that's why we made a bunch of demos of remakes (to gauge interest). We were thinking South America first and then the US. 

Because of that the majority of my originals are ballads in Spanish. We all know those can be tough to sit through if the listener doesn't understand  the words but I will post them eventually when I get more comfortable with that fact.

I really appreciate your encouragement, Lynn.

Thank you.

Edited by Miguel Carzola