GOG offers Syberia I and II for free

Canopus

Not a traditional deal in this forum, but GOG currently offers Syberia I and II as a giveaway. Sure, it's been around for years (Syberia I was released in 2002 and Syberia II in 2005) but I think it’s still a very good point-and-click puzzle-solving DRM free game. Also, I find the musical score really beautiful, particularly in Syberia I *). Those episodes actually managed to keep my interest long enough to make me continue to the end without stop playing in the midst of it (a rare event indeed).

Claim a free copy here: https://www.gog.com/game/syberia_i_ii

2dd6979ac9ac0bd9602154a640aa6e08317be597

Additionally, Syberia 3 came in 2017 (yes, I’ve got it in my GOG account) and Syberia 4 is just around the corner.

*) That was the musical connection for those of you about to call for a moderator.

Edit: This offer only lasts for 72 hours and ends on 17th July 2021, at 1 PM UTC.

Edited by Canopus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Canopus said:

Not a traditional deal in this forum, but GOG currently offers Syberia I and II as a giveaway. Sure, it been around for years (Syberia I was released in 2002 and Syberia II in 2005) but I think it’s still a very good point-and-click puzzle-solving DRM free game. Also, I find the musical score really beautiful, particularly in Syberia I *). Those episodes actually managed to keep my interest long enough to make me continue to the end without stop playing in the midst of it (a rare event indeed).

Claim a free copy here: https://www.gog.com/game/syberia_i_ii

2dd6979ac9ac0bd9602154a640aa6e08317be597

Additionally, Syberia 3 came in 2017 (yes, I’ve got it in my GOG account) and Syberia 4 is just around the corner.

*) That was the musical connection for those of you about to call for a moderator.

Free games are often posted on here. 

2 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

For adventure/puzzle games, Obduction is the freebie of the week at epic https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games , together with Offworld Trading Co

Obduction is very cool! I bought that a few years ago, and it is quite addictive. Especially once you learn where the "jump" portals are... :)

"A sci-fi adventure from Cyan, the creators of Myst. Abducted far across the universe, you find yourself on a broken alien landscape with odd pieces of Earth. Explore, uncover, solve, and find a way to make it home."

A huge full 3D adventure/puzzle masterpiece from the creators of the Myst series. https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/obduction

You don't need a really high spec machine to run it, but a GPU is recommended:

NVIDIA GTX 970 w/4 GB / AMD R9 290 w/4 GB equivalent or better

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, abacab said:

Obduction is very cool! I bought that a few years ago, and it is quite addictive. Especially once you learn where the "jump" portals are... :)

"A sci-fi adventure from Cyan, the creators of Myst. Abducted far across the universe, you find yourself on a broken alien landscape with odd pieces of Earth. Explore, uncover, solve, and find a way to make it home."

A huge full 3D adventure/puzzle masterpiece from the creators of the Myst series. https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/obduction

You don't need a really high spec machine to run it, but a GPU is recommended:

What is the DRM like on this through epic games, do you know?

Obvious GOG is paid at this time, but is DRM-Free.

16 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

What is the DRM like on this through epic games, do you know?

Obvious GOG is paid at this time, but is DRM-Free.

I try to only buy games from GOG, for their DRM-free advantages. Since Obduction is currently $29.99 from GOG, only if you are really allergic to DRM, then that may be the best option.

My exception has generally been for bundles, freebies, and/or stupid low deals from other publishers with DRM.

But I have only got 1 Epic game so far as a freebie, and never installed it, so cannot say how their installation/activation works. I see that they offer a download of "The Epic Store", so that must be their download/license manager.

I load all of the DRM crap on my non-DAW Win 7 desktop, and the only games that I ever consider installing on my Win 10 DAW PC are from GOG. Don't usually game on the DAW, but it does have the best specs! :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

I try to only buy games from GOG, for their DRM-free advantages. Since Obduction is currently $29.99 from GOG, only if you are really allergic to DRM, then that may be the best option.

I also purchase all my games from GOG. As for Obduction, it was a giveaway at GOG in June 2019. I was actually surprised that ZincT’s post drew so little attention at the time.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I'm getting to dislike modern gaming and appreciate these type of games.  Modern game developers are not very good.   Franchise games are getting worse.  I doubt developers ever play games.   A 500gb OS drive is almost tool small for gaming. Next is the boutique requirements.

Not everyone spends the day in their underwear playing games in 4k with their 4 digit price video card.

The last modern game I bought was the newest Hitman which still requires 70gb.

Some of the franchise games like GTA, CoD, Assassin's Creed are developed for the average system.

There is a new STALKER coming out and the requirements are not for even my system.