Browser only appears on Track View issue [Solved]

mgustavo

Hi, I'd like to report an issue where Browser won't appear on other Views than Track View, unless one does a workaround with Dock Options Menu.

The expected behavior is to hit 'B' key to see Browser on other Views, but that won't happen since Sonar Professional days.
To resolve this issue one could click on Dock Options Menu at screen bottom and (re) choose Dock at Bottom, for example. Since this Browser will be available on other Views, like Piano Roll View, Staff View, etc.

This is the minimum move to resolve it, but one could also undock Browser, dock it to the Left, undock it again and dock it to the Right, for example.
I don't know if it's a known issue but if someone could reproduce it that will be much appreciated!

Best regards,

Edited by mgustavo

Depends how your screenset is arranged.

I dock Inspector & Browser under the Multidock so they only appear with Track View. That way Console, PRV & other views get full screen width. I & B keys won't work

If you dock Inspector & Browser aside the Multidock, they will always be available whatever view you have open. I & B keys work.

• Like 1

Hi, sjoens! Thanks for your response!
However in my case the Browser appears normally on Track View, as well as the Inspector. But on other Views Browser won't show, but Inspector still does.

Fortunately your post helped me to understand better this issue, and it seems to be related to Project Templates, as most of them will start with Inspector on the left edge and Browser on the right. However Browser will be above the Multidock, and Inspector is aside it!
That's the reason why I have to click on Dock Options to (re) choose Dock to Bottom on Multidock.

So if I have any docked View I should choose Dock at Bottom to adjust it better and let Browser to be aside Multidock!
Also I've noticed that since Screenset 02 all screensets will show Browser aside multidock. However many Project Templates will start with Browser set above Multidock (Screenset 01), and one should do that trick to adjust it and let Browser be aside it.

Edited by mgustavo

My Multidock is at Top.

It can be sketchy at times but you can drag Inspector & Browser out into their own window, then to redock, you can hold them where you want them to go (the area turns blue), either under/over, or beside Multidock.

Once you have it, save a screenset # and you can always call it up when things go wacky.

You can search Multidock in the online or pdf Help.

• Like 1

Hi, sjoens! Thanks for the reply!

I had a better reading on online Help and saw it is possible to dock Multidock to the right and left edges, as well at the center. Thanks!
Also I'll give a try to dock Inspector and Browser on Multidock to get full screen width.

I've been dragging Browser to Multidock when I need to learn a song's lyrics, so I'll have more space to write it on Notes guide. It helps on workflow!

Best regards

Edited by mgustavo