DDMF ERS 250 deal - reverb

Piotr

At first listen I was really taken by this. It seemed to add something to the high end that none of my other reverbs had. 

But after comparing to some EMT 250 impulse responses and getting out MMultiAnalyzer I realised it's that ERS 250 aliases like crazy, with shrill disharmonic tones clearly audible. Totally unsalvageable. Thankfully it has up to 4x oversampling, so I turned that on.... only it actually made it worse, if you can believe it!

I checked out the TC EMT 250 plugin as well and that one is as clean as a whistle. But I don't want to spend $90 even if its currently reduced from $199. But if anyone else is interested, here's the link: https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DCR

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

IIRC there was a version floating around several years back that had a physical controller. It also may have been a dongle, IIRC.

That may have been the TC Electronics one, it has a controller that can authorise the software in place of iLok. 

4 hours ago, jackson white said:

So UAD is still the winner here?  

@Craig N, @e-cue, thx for the share.

I don't have UAD (yet lol) but the Sanctuary mode in Valhalla Vintage Verb is said to be inspired by the EMT 250. I demoed it against the TC one, Nimbus, VSR S24 (on a hunch) and the EMT 250 impulse responses and they can all sound pretty close at the right settings. I'd probably be happy enough with VVV. I really should buy that one of these days. Never being on sale, there's no rush...

Edited by Craig N

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

IIRC there was a version floating around several years back that had a physical controller. It also may have been a dongle, IIRC.

1 hour ago, Craig N said:

That may have been the TC Electronics one, it has a controller that can authorise the software in place of iLok. 

I believe you are right. I almost bought it once.

On Amazon (note controller is optional):

image.png.35ddec6934f71adf432f714ffcd6b832.png

image.png.c519b7c33d67020d676e8a89e604f0c8.png

Edited by Bapu