Ableton update to 11.0.5 (not a deal)

kevin H

Just a heads up, about the Live 11.0.5 installer. After the update, the previous point release of 11 was still installed, resulting in a 4GB reduction in my available disk space.

So I used the Programs and Features module of Control Panel to remove the previous point release. This resulted in the restoration of my missing disk free space, and version 11.0.5 continued to run, no re-install necessary. Weird!

15 minutes ago, abacab said:

Just a heads up, about the Live 11.0.5 installer. After the update, the previous point release of 11 was still installed, resulting in a 4GB reduction in my available disk space.

So I used the Programs and Features module of Control Panel to remove the previous point release. This resulted in the restoration of my missing disk free space, and version 11.0.5 continued to run, no re-install necessary. Weird!

That didn't happen to me.  The installer will have replace or now folder.  It's a bloated DAW anyway.  I learned not to use any large folders in the browser since it will increase the sise of the db file

30 minutes ago, abacab said:

Yip .. I had 3 installs of Live 11 when I looked under Programs and Features, uninstalled older 2, thanks.

12 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

That didn't happen to me.  The installer will have replace or now folder.  It's a bloated DAW anyway.  I learned not to use any large folders in the browser since it will increase the sise of the db file

What I find annoying is it does the VST search on load, I dont think this can be disabled now? 

Plus, relatively, its a resource hog .. CPU/FAN

• Like 1