Fun free De-Esser

Fleer

Thanks Fleer!

Before going ahead with the install I saw this in the agreement and wonder what it entails. Anyone knows?

"TECHIVATION LTD products use Google Analytics™ to receive statistics data about their usage. TECHIVATION LTD products never transmit any private data, especially names, email and street addresses. TECHIVATION LTD applications and effects don’t access your private data at all. Agreeing with this License Agreement you agree with the transfer of some non-private data from TECHIVATION LTD software to TECHIVATION LTD server (such as versions of the installed SW to allow to offer updates etc.). "

18 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Before going ahead with the install I saw this in the agreement and wonder what it entails. Anyone knows?

Pretty much what it says - that when you use the product, it will transmit usage data for TECHIVATION to analyse how people use their products. Not sure about how it's used in apps, but people often use Google Analytics on web pages, etc. to see e.g. how often a button is clicked; it helps the developers  understand what people do/use, and help point out things that could potentially do with redesigning and improving. I've seen somewhere else that it's apparently not that rare for plugins to use GA though (i.e. it's fairly common).

Personally I don't think it's a problem but ultimately, it's for you to decide whether you're ok with letting TECHIVATION see how their products are used,  possibly what hardware (in general) it's being run on, and how they can improve.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Monomox said:

Why would I want to use a fun-free de-esser? Not that my other de-essers are a lot of fun, but still...

😛

Haven't tried this one, but I have yet to try any de-esser that actually gets rid of everything I want it to and leaves in tact everything I want it to keep.....leaving me disappointed and waiting for the fun to show up.  

Note I haven't tried Melodyne 5s new features.