Longer Faders

Jorge Tata Arias

Yes plenty of unused space in console gain upward .. If calkwalk give use access the we can rearrance the order of of plugin in prochannel or resize the pro channel unit

(Many Space unused up of gain knob) If we can adjust and use it so the fader get more space or Get Bigger)

Sonar-X3-Console-View_e001.jpg.5dc845cfd5fa9f0b6e40c3f833bee23b.jpg

Edited by BAARISH KI DHUN (Pisi Bhaipo)
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...
On 7/15/2021 at 2:12 PM, BAARISH KI DHUN (Pisi Bhaipo) said:

Yes plenty of unused space in console gain upward .. If calkwalk give use access the we can rearrance the order of of plugin in prochannel or resize the pro channel unit

(Many Space unused up of gain knob) If we can adjust and use it so the fader get more space or Get Bigger)

Sonar-X3-Console-View_e001.jpg.5dc845cfd5fa9f0b6e40c3f833bee23b.jpg

When u start adding lots of fx in the fx rack then everything above the fx rack start to move upwards, for that the empty space is there ig.

Edited by In A Week
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

It would be nice if the faders in CbB expanded upward when there's unused or empty space available.

Here's the mixer view in another daw I use, same size.

faders_comp.thumb.png.8e4e09ab2a7cb42fadbefe6e74378edc.png

Hmmmm....this looks interesting tbh...but then again u need to consider people with small laptop screens, like me...if all of it gets expanded when not in use then on laptop the faders will become too big to work with, coz rn only i need to scroll upwards in the console view to reveal the gain knobs, if it gets expanded even more it will become impossible to work in the console view, atleast for me.

Ig there can be ways in which the fader length and meters and other console view sections can fit within a given visible space but ig that will need too much work rather than a few lines of code.

Edited by In A Week
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, murat k. said:

If you need longer fader for precise control, use Shift key while using any fader.

as a note, the shift key works on most of the controls (sliders, knobs etc) to enable more granular settings by effectively "slowing down" the change speed - e.g. volume, eq, etc - you can quickly switch from "large" moves to "small" moves with the shift key.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, In A Week said:

Hmmmm....this looks interesting tbh...but then again u need to consider people with small laptop screens, like me...if all of it gets expanded when not in use then on laptop the faders will become too big to work with, coz rn only i need to scroll upwards in the console view to reveal the gain knobs, if it gets expanded even more it will become impossible to work in the console view, atleast for me.

Ig there can be ways in which the fader length and meters and other console view sections can fit within a given visible space but ig that will need too much work rather than a few lines of code.

An auto expand was an example of how to handle the wasted space. I would think there would be a manual sizing. Either way it would be proportional to the screen size used.

The left mixer in that pic is also user adjustable. I can drag & resize the faders either up or down by hand. (Also nice is being able to click & instantly collapse sends, insert...the width is also adjustable.)

I work in mixer view  as much as the other views so it helps when I can see any readout values...in Cakewalk it's always been more of a representation that there's a signal present.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

What I would like to see is the ability to drag the module separators up and down to resize. Or at least the separator between the Fader and Sends modules. These are all places where the user could resize, depending on their current need to view these modules (14" laptop screen like mine, or dual 23" monitors like mine):

image.thumb.png.a5d9d8b1de6eed84d3ca3e815597c683.png

Currently, you can choose to hide or show certain modules, but that doesn't result in getting extra real estate for the faders. For me, the fader and pan controls are the most important ones on the console strips.

• Like 2

Funny how everyone is different. I always leave all my faders at unity. Old habit from live sound mixing. 

I use the gain control for overall static levels for mixing. I also use those readings to make adjustments. Like if a track is 2db too loud, I turn down the gain 2db.

Then I  might automate a fader which then gives me very precise control over that Tracks level. For that I like to use the inspector. 

So there’s a good option. Have the track inspector fully customized and then any track in focus could have a full sized fader. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, John Vere said:

Funny how everyone is different. I always leave all my faders at unity. Old habit from live sound mixing. 

I use the gain control for overall static levels for mixing. I also use those readings to make adjustments. Like if a track is 2db too loud, I turn down the gain 2db.

Then I  might automate a fader which then gives me very precise control over that Tracks level. For that I like to use the inspector. 

So there’s a good option. Have the track inspector fully customized and then any track in focus could have a full sized fader. 

I am similar and always reach for the gain first . I was also mixing live gigs on an analogue mixer some years before it was possible to use a PC for audio recording, I also had an ADAT when the only viable option was using a computer as a midi sequencer. You didn't want to clip them !