yeto

All of a sudden I am getting this black line that runs the length of the track.

Question

All of a sudden I am getting this black line that runs the length of the track. Could someone share what this means?

Kind regards,
yeto

snip1.JPG

5 answers to this question

Figured it out. Automation line. I must have clicked something by mistake.

Still learning,
yeto

Edited by yeto

To delete the automation - select the whole track and then : EDIT : DELETE SPECIAL: select just the automation switch.

7 hours ago, RBH said:

To delete the automation - select the whole track and then : EDIT : DELETE SPECIAL: select just the automation switch.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

This was happening to me once in a while and I figured out it had something to do with the way I copy/paste clips. I typically drag a selection and then hold CNTRL and drag/paste that to a new section. However if you grab a clip in the wrong section while holding CNTRL you activate the gain automation (I believe). What ever it was, took me a while to figure it out, hope that helps someone else down the road.

10 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

This was happening to me once in a while and I figured out it had something to do with the way I copy/paste clips. I typically drag a selection and then hold CNTRL and drag/paste that to a new section. However if you grab a clip in the wrong section while holding CNTRL you activate the gain automation (I believe). What ever it was, took me a while to figure it out, hope that helps someone else down the road.

I bet that is what happened to me. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1