recommended Cakewalk plug-ins

Kawika

For the most part I have used 3rd party plugins such as Fab filter (eq), SoundToys (delay) S-gear (guitar).

I imagine there are some under-the-radar Cakewalk FX that I haven't tried rivaling these companies.

What are your favorite Cakewalk plug-ins (FX or inst)?

thanks,

Kawika

The pro channels are all good.  The 1176 works esp. well for vol control and can add a little of that 1176 edge.  The pc eq is great, and when you dial in a sound you can jump between eq models.  And the buss ssl comp is my favorite and works great.

most of the time effects included were 3rd party based so you’ll need to supplement cakewalk there, but the native cake channel stuff is good to superb.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Channel Tools is an often-overlooked gem, probably because users don't initially get what it does or why they'd need it.

Yeah, its awesome for stereo widening. I'm using it for adlibs for example. 

"....using any VST as if it was a ProChannel module...."   Interesting! I think the reason I have not gotten around to using ProChannel is b/c I feel very comfortable with certain vsts  e.g, fabfilter eq. 

I think Pro channel EQ is good like other say.

CA2A is one of the best LA2A emulators out there.

I don't know if other pro channel comps are that good too as I don't really use them but this one is just amazing.

For synth, Z3TA+2 is my favorite synth but it's no longer available as you can't buy it anymore.

The sound is a bit dirty but I can make interesting sounds with Z3TA+2. I really like it.

I have too many plugins so I also want to know more as I stopped using most of cakewalk plugins.

• Like 1

It's kind of hard to recommend Cakewalk plugins, because I have to keep track of what is even available anymore.

"Hey you should try DropZone!"  ... maybe not.

That said, I haven't really felt the need to use EQ other than the one in ProChannel.  And I have used the consoles and tape from time to time.  And I do like the CA2A on quite a few things.