I Like You

Douglas Kirby

11 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Yeah Douglas, I liked this one although if I may it was screaming out for vocal harmonies  here and there other than that geat song cheers.

I have to agree with Paul about the lack of backup vox.  Maybe just a harmony on the chorus or refrain would be enough to make this a gem, but regardless, it's a good song and fun listen!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan, what more can I say but 👍's up baby.

t

didn't recognize One Step Closer, I've been pretty busy lately; maybe I missed it?

Just a note;
Doug's writing, performing and production are what I would call "mature".
I'm sure he appreciates all our constructive criticism, but I'm just as sure he's "happy" with a track before he posts.
Just sayin', and please don't think I'm suggesting we should not give Doug are honest opinions...

• Like 1

Douglas . . . had a listen, and I'll say I always appreciate all your songs posted here . . . but this on has a little extra shine to it (for me). I'm really liking the rhythm guitar in the verses especially, think you've done something different here. So good, so well done !

• Like 1

Doug, Another great song. Every time I listen to your songs I always think, How does he do that on the guitar?
A couple of people mentioned back up vocals and I agree. Or at least a little double tracking on the chorus maybe. Or not.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 1:12 PM, DeeringAmps said:

I'm a fan, what more can I say but 👍's up baby.

t

didn't recognize One Step Closer, I've been pretty busy lately; maybe I missed it?

Just a note;
Doug's writing, performing and production are what I would call "mature".
I'm sure he appreciates all our constructive criticism, but I'm just as sure he's "happy" with a track before he posts.
Just sayin', and please don't think I'm suggesting we should not give Doug are honest opinions...

Hey Tom - thanks for the comments and the thumbs up - much appreciated. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 9:50 PM, noynekker said:

Douglas . . . had a listen, and I'll say I always appreciate all your songs posted here . . . but this on has a little extra shine to it (for me). I'm really liking the rhythm guitar in the verses especially, think you've done something different here. So good, so well done !

Thanks for listening and I'm glad you liked the song and mix - cheers.

13 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Doug, Another great song. Every time I listen to your songs I always think, How does he do that on the guitar?
A couple of people mentioned back up vocals and I agree. Or at least a little double tracking on the chorus maybe. Or not.
-Bjorn

Thanks for listening Bjorn - it's always fun for me to lay down lead guitar tracks on my songs - I never know how it's going to turn out.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:37 PM, treesha said:

Great song with a fun simple message. I enjoyed everything about it, all done well.  Mix sounds great. I think you handled the dynamics of the different sections of the song well. Really works and sounds great !

Thanks Treesha - I appreciate your ears and comments.

• Like 1

Mostly, your melody hits two notes. Those two notes are perfectly spaced with that groove, the lyrics convey a lot, everything breathes, and your vocal tone is killer. Kudos for not being overly complex! This song is catchy simple and easy.

I'd agree a few mix tweaks to the drums but really, not a deal breaker. The intro had like 16 bars of guitar lead, maybe cut to the chase a bit quicker? 

I don't know where Westerly is, but there are cool grooves to be had there.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1