Can chords/text be added to the top of a track?

user390096

Question

7 answers to this question

5 hours ago, user390096 said:

I think there is a way to add text/chords etc. to the track heads, correct? How do you do it? I would like to place the chords there.

Thanx, Frederick

trackhead.JPG

Do you want the custom track name to appear in the clip? 

Thanx, the Arrangement track seems to work although I can't do the typical copy and Paste (ctrl V). It lets me copy but "paste" is greyed out. But I can do "duplicate" which is good enough and I can color-code each chord which is very helpful.

In the Arranger track, is there a way to disconnect text boxes from the underlying tracks so that I can just slide them around as needed without moving the track contents?

YES THERE IS!! Just highlight the box a few times until you don't see the underlying shadow extending down onto all of the tracks below. At this point, one is free to move the text box as needed by itself.

Edited by user390096
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, user390096 said:

In the Arranger track, is there a way to disconnect text boxes from the underlying tracks so that I can just slide them around as needed without moving the track contents?

YES THERE IS!! Just highlight the box a few times until you don't see the underlying shadow extending down onto all of the tracks below. At this point, one is free to move the text box as needed by itself.

You can also uncheck "Select Events With Sections", or use the button in the select module:
image.png.839887ae93ba3acf93dbabf53a4608dd.png