[SOLVED, KINDA] Track only audible thru aux-track when panned LEFT ?!?

Hi. This is driving me crazy. It must be something simple I've done. Any insights welcome. 

Situation: 

I had a mono track of guitar. Decided I'd like to split it out into Left, Right, Center, feeding a common Aux track with all the FX. I've done this before. It works.

Well... I selected my track, changed its output from the GTR buss to "new aux track", named "ox:JazzGtr". Then I duplicated the track a couple of times, and panned each one L, R, C.

Only clips on the L, C tracks are audible. The R track does not play, although I can see the audio meter active during playback.

If I pan the R track so that it is anywhere left of hard R, I can hear it fade in as I move the pan position.

Picture:

As you can see, track 75 is panned hard R, marked with an arrow, and is inaudible (trust me) until I pan it back towards Center.

cw_aux_track_R-Pan-mute.png

More information:

1. Tracks 73,74,75 each take their input from 1 mono input on my I/O (Left 1|2)

2. I changed the interleave on tracks 73-75 from Mono to Stereo to see if this made a difference. It didn't.

3. Version: 27.04.0.175 (I rolled back to check if this was something new)

4. I checked, and the Input of Aux Track 76  is stereo output of the underlying patch point:

image.png.a6220876bbb30eb917b410e934231dca.png

5. I manually added a new audio track (instead of duplicating 73) and assigned its output to the patch point, panned it hard Right, moved the clip into the new track, and playback. No joy - still didn't hear the audio.

6. If I switch the panning, Track 74 hard Right and Track 75 hard Left and now I can't hear track 74, while 75 plays back fine.

Help me, forumites! I must be missing something really obvious....

(Followed up below)

Edited by Colin Nicholls

I found the problem. It was the Swanky Amp Pro plugin. I will follow up with the developer.

Not quite that simple.

The same behavior also occurs with Voxengo Boogex.
The same behavior occurs when instead of an AuxTrack, I use a stereo bus. 
If either of these plugins are used directly on the track, I can pan it hard R and the audio stays audible.

So, something about using these VSTs in Aux Track or Bus makes them only pass signals on the LEFT channel.  I guess they are mono FX ? I can't believe I haven't noticed this behavior before.

If I use instead Blue Cat's Free Amp, it works fine, as an Aux Track or Bus FX. I guess that one's stereo-aware.

So, I also tried putting all three clips into separate Take Lanes on one track, and using clip automation to pan two of the left and right. Same behavior. Voxengo Boogex and Swanky Amp Pro only "hear" the left channel and emit a mono output. Blue Cat Free  Amp treats Left and Right as separate channels. 

Alright alright. I guess this is just how it works. 

Edited by Colin Nicholls

On 7/11/2021 at 8:35 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

Voxengo Boogex.

I learned something so, checked  boogex  out, you're right! The Cabinet Sim/Convolver is mono,  guess that means it's a mono plug and  on a stereo track it's only left sensitive, I wonder if that's typical for mono plugs?