60% off: Virtual Drummers Bundle by UJAM

Audio Plugin Deals

For just $59.99 (instead of $149.99), get the Virtual Drummers Bundle from UJAM which includes Virtual Drummer SOLID, Virtual Drummer HEAVY and Virtual Drummer PHAT.

UJAM’s Virtual Drummers Bundle is the fastest way to add kick-ass custom drumming to your production. Each Virtual Drummer comes with five extensively sampled drum kits, ready-made smart-mix presets, and a wide range of styles and performances. Each Virtual Drummer is a unique personality with its custom playing style and gear.

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-1
Deal Expires: May 1st

IN THIS BUNDLE

1. UJAM Solid
  2. UJAM Phat
  3. UJAM Heavy

KEY FEATURES

• 3 genre-specific drummers SOLID, HEAVY and PHAT
  • With 90 styles and 2,160 patterns (intro, verse, chorus, fill, ending)
  • 15 meticulously recorded kits
  • Full control over tempo, timbre and variations
  • Custom FX algorithms
  • Available as a direct download in VST, AU, and AAX formats and work in any compatible DAW, including Logic, Garageband, Cubase, Ableton Live and Pro Tools.

Videos

Audio Demos

• Thanks 1

I didn't swipe the credit card this time.  I decided to stick with AD2 and my FXpansion BFD Eco.  I have the drums that came in Studio Instruments, however, I don't like the drums that came in Studio Instruments, but I do love the strings. 

Yes, I still use BFD Eco!!! 😖 Who has something to say about it. 😖

• Like 2

For those who are interested, you should demo these products before investing. I have Sparkle (guitar) and Phat. They sound OK. What I don't like is that it takes a while to audition all the patterns/loops/phrases and when I find something I like, it's just like "meh, I guess this will do." It obviously can't be a perfect fit.

That's true in my case for all loop-based instruments, that includes NI Acoustic Strummed guitars , so it's not necessarily that UJAM makes bad products (although I like NI better). The UJAM drums have the advantage that each piece can be triggered individually*, although they don't do round robin and PHAT sounds like crap to me... haha... I  started saying that they're OK and I'm bashing them now.  Maybe not crap, but I don't know what genre uses drums that sound like that, it's neither a drum machine for hip hop or trap, nor a realistic sounding kit for pop, rock, etc. It's some s*** in the middle, you know what don't bother! Hahaha....

* You can't play individual notes in Sparkle.

Edited by Monomox

15 hours ago, jesse g said:

I didn't swipe the credit card this time.  I decided to stick with AD2 and my FXpansion BFD Eco.  I have the drums that came in Studio Instruments, however, I don't like the drums that came in Studio Instruments, but I do love the strings. 

Yes, I still use BFD Eco!!! 😖 Who has something to say about it. 😖

I still use BFD v1.

The samples in the first kit are higher than later versions, and the humanizer is great. It's perfect for loose and live sounding drums.

It may be old, but it's good.

Just in case you think I'm living the 90s, I've also got 3 other drum plugins on the go.

31 minutes ago, Notformee said:

Is this similar to Jamstix?

Not at all.  This is a loop based drum player.

Jamstix is an entire different animal.  It allows you to not only
build your own drum midi, but to have it be humanized by selecting
different drummers styles.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Monomox said:

For those who are interested, you should demo these products before investing. I have Sparkle (guitar) and Phat. They sound OK. What I don't like is that it takes a while to audition all the patterns/loops/phrases and when I find something I like, it's just like "meh, I guess this will do." It obviously can't be a perfect fit.

That's true in my case for all loop-based instruments, that includes NI Acoustic Strummed guitars , so it's not necessarily that UJAM makes bad products (although I like NI better). The UJAM drums have the advantage that each piece can be triggered individually*, although they don't do round robin and PHAT sounds like crap to me... haha... I  started saying that they're OK and I'm bashing them now.  Maybe not crap, but I don't know what genre uses drums that sound like that, it's neither a drum machine for hip hop or trap, nor a realistic sounding kit for pop, rock, etc. It's some s*** in the middle, you know what don't bother! Hahaha....

* You can't play individual notes in Sparkle.

I've got all the UJAM guitar products. Sparkle is probably the one I use least, and Silk is the one I use the most, as it's the only one that does single notes in any useful way, and it also has a separate bass note part.

Iron is great for heavy rhythm, and you can actually get some good riffs out of it by swapping between styles/chords quickly, but it takes some time.  

I'm still torn between Amber and NI Strum Session 2. IMO they're both good, and I use one or the other depending on what I want. If I had to choose, I'd say NI Strum Session is slightly better for variety... but I do prefer the sound of Amber. I wish they'd make an Amber 2 and make it just like Silk but with an acoustic sound.

This drum pack is a bargain for what it is, but it's not for me. I like drums to play with the music, not be just a pattern everything plays along to. I have a similar opinion of the bass instruments, although to be fair, they do sound excellent. 

• Like 1

I got all the UJAM guitar products when offers came along, and, to be honest, I've used them very little. I agree with @msmcleod, I get the most use out of the single note players 'cause I can stick them through distortion and effects to make them sound 'human', but they are far from 'playable' for complex solos - I find the UJAM products great for jamming out ideas, but not so good in an actual mix....for that, I reach for my guitar and play it myself.  

As with all these products, when I audition them clean, I'm really impressed with the sound - stick them in a mix, and I'm less than impressed. They all just sound too atificial.

• Like 1