New Cakewalk install on new machine won't finish launching

I installed Cakewalk on a new machine, and it opens to the point where a notification in the corner says: "Not activated. Saving is disabled until you activate Cakewalk".

The Bandlab sign-in also comes up, but I can't click in the fields to enter my details.  The "working on it" circle is constantly there.  It stays like that forever, and CW never finishes launching.

This is on a brand new Win10 x64 machine, fully updated, 16GB RAM, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz   2.80 GHz yada yada yada.

Anyone else run into this issue?

EDIT:  I managed to resolve the activation issue by telling BL Assistant to run as administrator.  I did the same for Cakewalk, but it still won't finish launching.

Now I get the never-ending "working on it" circle.  In fact, every 20 seconds or so it blinks, as if it want to let things happen, but nothing happens.

I can't click anything at all, I have to kill CW in Task Manager.  😞

Edited by Musicianaire

On 7/12/2021 at 9:36 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

This may seem unrelated but what audio interface are you using and what is the driver mode set to?

Steinberg UR-44
ASIO mode

I should mention  that since I last posted, CW does finish launching; however,  there is always that spinning "working on it" circle.  I can click on everything, but always with that spinning circle.  Reaction to my clicks are delayed as well.

3 hours ago, scook said:

Is the Steinberg UR-44 the only entry in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

This is what's in that key:

• ME-80 [guitar pedal board]
  • Realtek ASIO
  • ReaRoute ASIO (x64)
  • Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO

Oh, and I uninstalled CW and BL Assistant, cleaned the registry, and reinstalled everything, with the same result.  And I still have to shut down CW with Task Manager. Maybe my machine just doesn't like it? lol

Edited by Musicianaire

13 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Realtek ASIO has bugs that are known to cause symptoms like what you saw. I would uninstall that driver.

Is uninstalling it as simple as removing the registry entry, or do I need to go through Device Manager?  I see a few Realtek items in DM, but not sure if all should go or just one or two?