Last Night's Gig

bitflipper

10 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Little-known fact: the "Ex" in "FedEx" once stood for "express". No kidding, they once touted their advantage as being faster than other carriers.

The amp did not arrive on Friday as promised. Consequently, I was unable to take a nap because I was waiting for the delivery all day. Consequently, I was dead on my feet by the end of Friday night's gig. I got out of there at 2:00 AM and crashed at a friend's house nearby rather than make the long drive home.

Despite being completely wiped out, I left early Saturday so I wouldn't miss the delivery. It didn't come. Now, the tracking page has removed any mention of estimated delivery date. The amp has, however, made it from Troutville, Oregon to Portland Oregon over the past three days. I'm guessing they had to stop and get carrots for the donkey.

That would be Troutdale (where I used to own the largest residential property - or so I was told) which is exactly 17 miles from downtown Portland!  Three days...  Wow, the Pony Express was lightning compared to that!

Edited by craigb