audio files getting out of sync sometimes.

Arka Banerjee

I was working on a track today in which I added some loops and sounds (basically some top loops and drum fills).

I don't know why the tracks always tend to get out of sync with respect to one another.

I have checked their time stretching of these loops and sounds but they still get out of sync most of the time.

Do let me know if you face the same problem or if it's a problem on my side. 😉

7 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

Any chance you are running a low block size? I was playing some projects and noticed the audio is out of sync if the block size is smaller than 256. Before I could go as low as 32 (needed when recording.)

Curious if you are seeing the same thing.

What's block size?

3 hours ago, AdK Studios said:

You are not the only one. I too experience it often. It happens especially when I have stretched audio clip. So I bounce the clip. Then the problem reduces, but never goes away

That's sad :/ This should be fixed.

Btw I watch your videos. They are really helpful keep up the good work mate.

• Thanks 1

If you use on board audio you can expect syncing issues. This is why ASIO audio interfaces are important for hassle free recording. 
If you do a loop back test using WASAPI mode you will find the overdubbed track late by around 20 ms. 

Edited by John Vere

55 minutes ago, John Vere said:

If you use on board audio you can expect syncing issues.

It only happens with CbB. The other DAWs seems to be working fine with my on board audio.
& its not about recording.
Thats why I think it can be fixed with some tweaking in the preferences.

Edited by AdK Studios

On 7/11/2021 at 11:24 PM, AdK Studios said:

It only happens with CbB. The other DAWs seems to be working fine with my on board audio.
& its not about recording.
Thats why I think it can be fixed with some tweaking in the preferences.

Yeahh all of the videos on YouTube are on Latency issues are on recording. But our problem is not about recording it is the audio samples we drag in. 

• Like 1