Any C++ Developers looking for a job?

mibby

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

For the last four years I've been working in a modified version of the now defunct report writing language. Our company acquired a license to use it as a baseline and move it forward for our needs.  It's also imbedded into a fork of a licensed obsolete version of a popular frontend tool, as the backend database engine, as our UI.

Prior to that I worked for almost 5 years in PHP/MySQL in WAMP.

Prior to that was about 10 years in Oracle Forms & Reports (which is built on a foundation of PL/SQL).

In the way back was Cobol (12 years) and before that  Basic on the HP-3000 (4 years) and prior to that Fortran (7 years).

There were a few one-off side jaunts to Access and dBase III.

For me, since 1981, COBOL, UFO, ADS/O, PowerBuilder, Peoplesoft.  As a DBA, IDMS, Oracle, E-business Suite, SQL Server.   All with 2 years of tech school.  😄

The only tech school I ever attended was the school of hard knock. Learned programming by observing the IT group in my company making functional changes I requested. Eventually the let me make simple changes (as they were too busy) and I gained more traction and got hired by a software company supporting the  (Fortran) software I was accustomed to making changes in.

Oh yeah, I forgot about PowerBuilder. I did about 6 months in that. And I had a little experience in SQL Server (about 4 months). Just enough to know that I liked Oracle better.

And of course in Fortran/Cobol days that using HP's Image Database until we migrated to Oracle and Cobol.

• Like 1

Just throwing my experience out there, not actually looking for a job right now. 😁
I've worked mostly in C++ but also spent a lot of time in Java and Objective-C.

To be honest, I've had to touch almost the whole freaking alphabet of programming languages at some point or another because I was hired for lots of mobile game development. And it was a jungle before the days of Unity and Unreal.