LP EQ plugin?

I've just opened a project which uses the LP EQ plug-in for the first time in several months, only to see the Missing Plug-ins dialog with LP EQ (Clip: ") listed 14 times. I can see the LP EQ folder (and the LP MB folder, for that matter) in the Cakewalk Content folder, and it in turn contains Presets and Settings folders. Is some kind of set-up issue stopping the plug-in from loading, or is it no longer available in the Bandlab version?

Edited by Patrick Rowles
typo

The plug-ins are not part of CbB,

There were bundled with SONAR Platinum in separate installers.

IIRC, the installers check for the presence of a valid SONAR Platnium install.

Before installing CbB, I completely installed SONAR Platinum along with the two LP installers.

The plug-ins load OK on my PC.

The folders in Cakewalk Content do not contain the plug-in binaries.

By default the VST2 format plug-ins are in

• C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\LP EQ
  • C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\LP MB

and the VST3 format plug-ins are in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3"

If you need to install Platinum again, make sure re-install CbB after Platinum.

• Thanks 1

There are two versions of the plug in, the first version use to come as a part of the plug in suite of SONAR that requires you to have that particular version of SONAR that was released in 2015 but it will not exist in later versions of SONAR as they took the LP EQ and LP MB plug ins and turned them into mastering quality commercially sold plug ins that you must have registered and obtained a license to use that is connected to the command center servers.

To get the versions that are apart of some of the FX Preset Insert modules, you must install a pre 2016 version of SONAR.

• Thanks 1

The names of the older series were slightly different. The older linear phase plug-ins were LP64 EQ and LP64 Multiband..

They were removed from the Engineering Suite FX installer when the new LP plug-ins were introduced.

IIRC, the last version of the Engineering FX Suite with the old LP series was 1.0.0.13.

• Thanks 1

Yes I went thought this issue a while ago after I re built my system. I had installed everything using CCC and then noticed I was missing the old versions which looked different. I like those versions so had to sort it out and they were part of X3 for me. 

• Thanks 1

All the Engineering FX Suite Installers are available in the Command Center, right-click the Engineering FX Suite link for the context menu. The installers are listed under the rollback option

or

Grab the installer from your old Cakewalk account. Click the Engineering FX Suite link, then click the "Show Other Downloads" button at the bottom right to see all the installers.

• Like 1

My older LP VST2's:

LP-64 EQ    c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Linear EQ\LP64_EQ_64.dll

LP-64 Multiband    c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Linear Compressor\LP64_Multiband_64.dll

My newer LP's are VST3's only:

LP EQ     c:\program files\common files\vst3\LPEQ_64.vst3

LP MB     c:\program files\common files\vst3\LPMB_64.vst3

If you think the older ones look outdated, all the GUI files are in the Resources folder, something Cakewalk did for several plugins back in the day. Redecorate to your heart's desire.

EDIT: They're not so generous with the newer offerings.

Edited by sjoens
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, scook said:

The history of Engineering FX Suite Installers are available in the Command Center, right-click the Engineering FX Suite link for the context menu. The installers are listed under the rollback option

I am glad that I had reestablished my membership with Cakewalk during the implementation of the Command Center and so greatful that it continues to sync with my account data.  It's the little things like this that win my loyalty and support. 

Celemony for example doesn't mention anything about destroying your license to a previous version of Melodyne if one accepts a free upgrade..... but once one finds this out via Cakewalk forum, then one just becomes bitter at the fact that ones Windows 8.1 laptop can no longer have such great performance and use of Melodyne as version 5 isn't compatible.   MY version 4 is dead.  They killed her and my mood and my loyalty.

Funny you say loyalty and support for the people who brought you Command Center. They are the ones who dropped off the map with out warning. We are just plain lucky that Bandlab keeps those servers running. But you should have all that stuff backed up. 10 times. You don’t need the server if you have all the installers and serials for most of the VST’s.  And I don’t need the server for x3. The last of the good old system that doesn’t need the internet 

Edited by John Vere

23 hours ago, John Vere said:

Funny you say loyalty and support for the people who brought you Command Center. They are the ones who dropped off the map with out warning. 

I'm not sure I agree...Noel and many Cakewalkers, like Jesse Jost and Jon Sasor, are still involved. Only the company that owned it dropped off the map, into bankruptcy-land. 

• Thanks 2