Izotope presets missing

Jack Stoner

If this is not the right forum section???

I recently moved and in the move my iLok key has turned up missing.   I'm still looking but it mainly affects using the POD Farm.  Initially, I had Izotope plugins activated via iLok but moved them off and activated via Computer last year.   I was going through some previously finished projects and noticed they didn't sound right.  I found the Ozone presets I had been using missing.  After checking all my Izotope products I found the same thing, all the factory presets missing.    I contacted Izotope, via their Facebook page but to be frank it was a waste of time as all the person wanted to do is say Windows (10) caused the problem.

I found (on my own troubleshooting) reinstalling all the Izotope plug-ins restored all the presets.  

What really caused it????  But, the only change is the missing iLok key.   And, this only affected Izotope products, nothing else.

They're usually found in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\iZotope.

I have Izotope plugins on my laptop and studio pc, using both dongle and machine, but I have never had this happen (yet).

All the best.

50 minutes ago, Zargg said:

They're usually found in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\iZotope.

I have Izotope plugins on my laptop and studio pc, using both dongle and machine, but I have never had this happen (yet).

All the best.

I looked in the file folders and all the presets were gone.   One of the first things I did.

Ozone 5, 6, 8 Elements and 9.  Also two versions of Nectar.

12 hours ago, Jack Stoner said:

I looked in the file folders and all the presets were gone.   One of the first things I did.

Ozone 5, 6, 8 Elements and 9.  Also two versions of Nectar.

No Need to reinstall the programs if the presets have been deleted.  Go to iZotopes website and in their support section there will be a FAQ that links you to all of the presets that can be downloaded in zip files.  You just either extract them back into the Documents folder or manually drap and drop them into the folder to restore your presets.

7 hours ago, clovis said:

No Need to reinstall the programs if the presets have been deleted.  Go to iZotopes website and in their support section there will be a FAQ that links you to all of the presets that can be downloaded in zip files.  You just either extract them back into the Documents folder or manually drap and drop them into the folder to restore your presets.

Reinstalling (actually uninstall/reinstall) from their Product Portal app was easy and fast.  No need to go looking for the presets, the reinstall took care of that (and any updates).  

16 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

I had this problem once . Solved by reinstalling. However i don’t use iLok.

J

Then this wasn't an isolated case.  If two of us have had the same problem, probably others.  Do you recall doing or changing anything before this happened.

2 hours ago, Jack Stoner said:

Then this wasn't an isolated case.  If two of us have had the same problem, probably others.  Do you recall doing or changing anything before this happened.

To be honest no. I think it was due to a micro cut/brown out of the power where i live which forced a cold reboot. (Can’t happen now as i’ve since purchased an APC).

It was with Ozone 5 standard and its happened a couple of times. And the fact that the presets are available to download separately indicates to me that the fact they dematerialise is probably a known issue.

I re-installed because its quicker !

J

It happened to all my Izotope programs.  As previously noted the only change was the missing iLok key.  Even though I moved registrations off of iLok there must have still been some connection.  As all Izotope programs have been reinstalled without the iLok hopefully it won't happen again.  Ozone 5 goes back to the "Sonar" days,  so its been installed for a long time.

Ozone 5, "Country Basic" is my most used Ozone mastering pre set.  I've got newer Ozone versions, but for me newer isn't better.  

On 7/9/2021 at 3:43 AM, Jack Stoner said:

If this is not the right forum section???

Probably this one: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/7-instruments-effects/

But it sounds like it didn't actually have anything to do with Cakewalk as such, so who knows. Glad it was resolved.

I'd not expect anything more useful than a cute cat picture from a company's Facebook page.

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Probably this one: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/7-instruments-effects/

But it sounds like it didn't actually have anything to do with Cakewalk as such, so who knows. Glad it was resolved.

I'd not expect anything more useful than a cute cat picture from a company's Facebook page.

Izotope used to have support links on their web site.  Now they refer you to their Facebook page for support.   I agree not good.   

• Sad 1