New "by BandLab" releases?::.

MarianoGF

Yea -  I would second a filled out line of the original offerings of Pro Channel modules. I Came to CbB from Sonar Pro which didn't have all the Pro Channel modules. CA-2 limiter would be a great addition too.

There was a very cool  FX Effect from back in Sonar 2 thru 5 days that I wish I could find again. It was sort of a rotary modulation effect - can't recall the name exactly - But I have a very old track that luckily I rendered with it on there.

33 minutes ago, RBH said:

There was a very cool  FX Effect from back in Sonar 2 thru 5 days that I wish I could find again. It was sort of a rotary modulation effect - can't recall the name exactly - But I have a very old track that luckily I rendered with it on there.

I guess you refer to SpectraFX. Yeah, I love it too. I still use it sometimes, but I do it without the elipse movement. I couldn't get such sweet modulation with any other plugin yet.

18 hours ago, Mariano Germán Flores said:

I guess you refer to SpectraFX. Yeah, I love it too. I still use it sometimes, but I do it without the elipse movement. I couldn't get such sweet modulation with any other plugin yet.

yep - that's it !

SpectraFX --  . Maybe I can locate an old install disk and try to get it back.

Cool thanks

You sure Scook ?  I went from Sonar 2 to Sonar 5 - stuck with that in a XP daw until I upgraded to SONAR PRO - just 6 months before the Gibson drop happened. I never used any of the X series. Subsequently never had a number of the pro channel modules either.  I used FX reverb as a standard for many years - even though I had a number of very pricey plugs. Some of the old stuff was just pretty basic and really well done in my opinion

I was relying a list compiled by someone else but searching the knowledge base, I found an article about SONAR 5 talking about SpectraFX so it must have been included in at least that version too.

While digging around for an older version of SpectraFX, I recalled an earlier plug-ing free for SONAR 2 users ($19 otherwise) called Plasma FXPad (found it on a cached Cakewalk page using the Wayback Machine).

A9sqt50.gif

pretty sure it was the basis of SpectraFX.

Thinking about Plasma FXPad being free for SONAR 2 and after a little more research I found a thread about SpectraFX and SONAR 3 from early 2004. Pretty sure that must have been the first release including SpectraFX. It would have been 32bit at the time. The plug-in was ported to 64bit at a later date (maybe SONAR 5). The version I have installed likely came from X2, the oldest full install on the machine.

32 minutes ago, scook said:

V-Vocal was a product made in Japan by Roland. It was not part of Roland's sale of Cakewalk to Gibson or the IP purchased by BandLab. It would be up to Roload to release V-Vocal.

Sounds it sounds like from this email they sent me they own rights to it...

Feature Request.PNG

Edited by Levi Myers