AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals announced, with deal on multiple pedals (was: Something new from IK coming July 15 2021)

Peter - IK Multimedia

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

It also says included 5 cab impulses so you can go direct to PA.  Uh...without amps included what is the point?

I like an amp that has a light crunch, but you can't use reverb with it and you can't do much with delay except a slap back, if that, so if the reverb and delays take a line level signal you can take a DI from an amp and output the pedal to the PA.

1 hour ago, rsinger said:

I like an amp that has a light crunch, but you can't use reverb with it and you can't do much with delay except a slap back, if that, so if the reverb and delays take a line level signal you can take a DI from an amp and output the pedal to the PA.

Right and you can also run a pre-amp pedal like the Ethos (and bypass the cab simulation output) to get the cab sim  from this new pedal.  But my point being honeslty not anywhere near the value that putting an amp sim plus optional cab and mix sim would have been.  

My thought wasn't that it was totally worthless, just isn't anywhere close to what it could have been and really only provides potential benefit to a very small seletion of users.  Most amps DI out do not sound great even though really good IRs.