AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals announced, with deal on multiple pedals (was: Something new from IK coming July 15 2021)

Peter - IK Multimedia

24 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Breaking Free could be . . . elimination of gear credits and jam points, and just putting a simple single price on their items?

Both are widely used (JamPoints are used on almost every eligible purchase, for example) so I wouldn't bank on that happening.  If you have any confusion over JamPoints, we do have this page with the pertinent information:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 2

Just now, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Both are widely used (JamPoints are used on almost every eligible purchase, for example) so I wouldn't bank on that happening.  If you have any confusion over JamPoints, we do have this page with the pertinent information:  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/

It's a never ending cycle of use for up to 30% off of a purchase only to get some pointz in return that can only be used for up to 30% off. Imagine if airline points, or cash back on CC's worked that way.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I think my point is that some (actually many) feel that 30% doesn't need to be preceded with "only".  That's a significant discount to many, especially on already-discounted/promo'd items, based on them happily using them.

I'm not sure I would have made any purchase without them.  They usually bring something into the range of "ok I'll buy it"

Im betting the criticisms come from the idea of just give the extra discount without them.   I realize it is a loyalty program but from the negativity I've seen, seems like the customer base that is loyal wants better upgrade, crossgrade offers and feel like the new buy in prices are typically really close to the same.  

If almost every purchase uses jam points just get rid of the program and lower rates by 30% across the board including when sales hit.  

Being Canadian, what I like about jam points is that 30% is about the exchange rate between US$ and CAD$. So when I look at a price on IK's site, I can say that it is what I will be paying in CAD$ after using jam points, no need to calculate the conversion.

So I guess I am thankful to IK for saving me the brain hurt of doing the 'what will that be in CAD$?' thing. Hey, every little bit counts in saving those rare little brain cycles! 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

If almost every purchase uses jam points just get rid of the program and lower rates by 30% across the board including when sales hit.  

I think that would remove an important psychological factor.

Speaking for myself (obviously) I really like JamPoints and having leftovers just gets me excited about what might be around the corner.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bapu said:

It's a never ending cycle of use for up to 30% off of a purchase only to get some pointz in return that can only be used for up to 30% off. Imagine if airline points, or cash back on CC's worked that way.

Reminds me of people who complain about getting "only" a $1/ hr raise ...

Unless I missed something the obvious lust worthy pedal (Amplitube AMP/Cab simulation) in a pedal is missing from the  line up.

Honestly we have plenty of options for reverb, delay, modulation, distortion....what we are missing that is generally unique to IKM would have been the AMPs in a box instead of being tied to a computer (which makes you run your computer if far lower latency than most of us can do once a number of tracks are down) which would have been an actual value add to the recording process - not to mention the live application which is what most of us buy pedals for.   

It also says included 5 cab impulses so you can go direct to PA.  Uh...without amps included what is the point?

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Great Idea 1