AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals announced, with deal on multiple pedals (was: Something new from IK coming July 15 2021)

Peter - IK Multimedia

I think it'll be a new Amplitude collection. Peter's announcement mentions the finest tones, which to my mind is mostly to do with the amp and cabinet and other effects like pedals rather than the guitar model itself.  Also, Amplitude is described as offering tones. 

Peter, if I guessed right can we have a Total Studio spectacular sale soon? 🙂

Edited by Craig N
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Craig N said:

I think it'll be a new Amplitude collection. Peter's announcement mentions the finest tones, which to my mind is mostly to do with the amp and cabinet and other effects like pedals rather than the guitar model itself.  Also, Amplitude is described as offering tones. 

Peter, if I guessed right can we have a Total Studio spectacular sale soon? 🙂

This was my thought as well.  Since the boutique tones are sparse -  I figure an expansion is a long time coming.  

If they are smart honeslty they should be looking at a hardware unique that utalizes some of the tech.  Most guitar players don't like a computer as the interface, they want pedals/things to step on to change tones while they play.  

3 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

This was my thought as well.  Since the boutique tones are sparse -  I figure an expansion is a long time coming.  

If they are smart honeslty they should be looking at a hardware unique that utalizes some of the tech.  Most guitar players don't like a computer as the interface, they want pedals/things to step on to change tones while they play.  

The guitar players that I know are mostly allergic to computers... 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

The guitar players that I know are mostly allergic to computers... 😂

They sure are.  I know lots of them that I've told to go download and test out the amp sims, etc and it is almost always a "oh that looks cool" then never gets downloaded or used.  

I'm both a guitarist and a recording engineer and frankly the tone and feel of in the box has come a LONG way but the interface is garbage compared to my boutique pedal board when you want to jam and change tones on the fly.  I really do get it from the guitarist perspective.  

• Like 2

Let's do some mashup innovation with the ideas that have been thrown in the thread

• It's a new amp simulator (a new version of Amplitube, since we're talking IK)
  • with a new footswitch multi-pedal hardware controller
  • that runs with (Apple?) mobile hardware inside of it, so that the only cables needed are those for connecting to guitar and speakers, (no computers around the stage, and the footswitch case is designed to protect your device from stomps and kicks)

Where's a patent attorney when you need one?

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann