Spitfire Audio Releases $29 Orig!nals "Jangle Box" Piano

Simeon Amburgey

One of my greatest weakness when it comes to GAS is vintage sounding gear that has that Beatle-esque tone. Especially considering that this is $29USD, it's pretty much impossible for me to resist. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

And here we go 4:00 PM TODAY (pressure washing not withstanding):

You know I like you Simeon, but I think I'm going to need to block you in order to send my kids to college! All these piano libraries are triggering my sample hoarding tendencies. ;)

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Zo said:

Jave you ever heard of acustica lol ?

I have some AA stuff but still pianos are clear winners 😛

I guess we could even find a piano which would take more space than all AA plugs together 😛

btw AA did any 1176?  🤔

@Simeon Amburgey how do you feel this library stacks up to more costly libraries? (I would ask on YouTube, but I spend more time here; FTR, I always give your videos a thumbs up after watching). 

Also, the surprise in this video was Bare Necessities" (or was that Colors? I watched both yesterday). Although I was hoping you'd play some Beatles classics! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Simeon Amburgey how do you feel this library stacks up to more costly libraries? (I would ask on YouTube, but I spend more time here; FTR, I always give your videos a thumbs up after watching). 

Also, the surprise in this video was Bare Necessities" (or was that Colors? I watched both yesterday). Although I was hoping you'd play some Beatles classics! 

I think it stacks up surprisingly well considering.
They did a nice job capturing 8 velocity layers and the sound of the close ribbon mics just had me.

I was also really surprised at the "tack" layer more than I thought I would. 
Having the tacks on a drop down mediator gave them a strange and interesting latency as they hit a little separate from the strings, it sometimes felt like a harp or dulcimer in some instances.

So a couple of fun moments came as a result of what was going on in the chat.
MOON RIVER was the result of two viewers commenting on how they had the same MOON icon for their avatar to needless to say that was where I went.

Another viewer probably to see what would happen mentioned Bear Necessities and off we went.

The lack of Beatles in my song list is a result of not being exposed to them that much growing up. I do have some basic knowledge and probably should have done a little bit more research for this. One of the things is to approach it mainly from a different perspective and one that you would not expect. It would be interesting to go back and find some of the songs that featured this piano to get an even deeper view of it.

Looking back, I regret not picking up the Cinesamples Abbey Road Uprights when they were discontinuing them, that would have been a great comparison.

Thanks as always for the support, I really appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, Piotr said:

I have some AA stuff but still pianos are clear winners 😛

I guess we could even find a piano which would take more space than all AA plugs together 😛

btw AA did any 1176?  🤔

They even sample coffee machines lol 

• Like 1