NEW Piano Colors | From the makers of NOIRE

Simeon Amburgey

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

NI licenses are so easy to transfer .  The process usually takes minutes and there's no fee. 

So I'm going to buy this for $125 with my $25 e-voucher.  As this is actually a $199 instrument on an intro price,  I will sell it for $99 as soon as I get KU14.   So it costs me in effect $25 to have it for the two years before I buy KU14 in the summer of 2023.    And I have seen people successfully sell NI products with less than a 50% discount, so it could be less than $25.

I bought NOIRE this way, but at that time I had a $50 e-voucher.  It took about two days to sell it.  In fact I sold all my separate NI purchases (ARKHIS, PICKED ACOUSTIC, PERCUSSION upgrade)  within a week,  except MALLET FLUX, which I still hope to sell. 

I have little doubt that I will be able to sell PIANO COLORS in a day or so.  It will be even easier if I don't wait for the summer sale.  I don't always.

Of course there is always the risk that NI will go subscription, but if they do, I think it will be like Composers Cloud or Reason, and they will still sell products.

The only time you can't sell NI stuff is when they have their own 50% off sales.

Anyway, I still have some more drawers to search through.   😃

I followed your logic and have come to the same conclusion on a few different occasions. But, if the subject was alcohol, we would all be in rehab.  "I said no, no, no"

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Is there such a thing of too many Piano's? 

Wait did I just say that.   I'm just more upset that all these great toys are coming out when I have two daughters starting College this fall and next fall.  :(

Plus I don't have enough time in the day or night to play with all these awesome toys!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!  You can never have too many pianos.  Plus, those girls can start college later.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Soniccouture is putting their Xtended piano at 65% off sale (49$). Probably an answer to NI release.

That's a really nice library. I have the original version -- which was just bowed piano samples -- and they're offering an upgrade for $25USD. I'll probably bite. SonicCouture makes great sample libraries; they're definitely one of my favorite developers. I'm definitely still getting Piano Colors as it was love at first listen, I'm just going to wait until the next KOMPLETE Update comes out. I'm a sucker for Galaxy Instruments piano libraries -- they really seem to know how to make piano libraries that greatly appeal to my tastes. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 11:02 AM, Reid Rosefelt said:

NI licenses are so easy to transfer .  The process usually takes minutes and there's no fee. 

So I'm going to buy this for $125 with my $25 e-voucher.  As this is actually a $199 instrument on an intro price,  I will sell it for $99 as soon as I get KU14.   So it costs me in effect $25 to have it for the two years before I buy KU14 in the summer of 2023.    And I have seen people successfully sell NI products with less than a 50% discount, so it could be less than $25.

I bought NOIRE this way, but at that time I had a $50 e-voucher.  It took about two days to sell it.  In fact I sold all my separate NI purchases (ARKHIS, PICKED ACOUSTIC, PERCUSSION upgrade)  within a week,  except MALLET FLUX, which I still hope to sell. 

I have little doubt that I will be able to sell PIANO COLORS in a day or so.  It will be even easier if I don't wait for the summer sale.  I don't always.

Of course there is always the risk that NI will go subscription, but if they do, I think it will be like Composers Cloud or Reason, and they will still sell products.

The only time you can't sell NI stuff is when they have their own 50% off sales.

Anyway, I still have some more drawers to search through.   😃

Didn't work out the way I hoped.  You can't use an e-voucher on a "special offer," so I had to pay the $149 (plus tax).   Downloading it now. 

17 hours ago, kevin H said:

Since you brought this up in another forum. Are you looking at cleaning the toilet differently after using this library? :)

My wife came in and saw me waving the toilet brush like a baton, and she thought I was crazy.  But she already thought that.

I know everybody thought I was joking, but I seriously do think that the toilet brush articulation on PIANO COLORS is very beautiful in that demo.   People need to start using toilet brushes on guitars and violins and all kinds of instruments. 

Wash them well first, of course. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1