NEW Piano Colors | From the makers of NOIRE

Simeon Amburgey

Wow. Just wow. Trying to keep from jumping...I finally got Noire, then I found and acquired Ascend, I have a couple of felt pianos, as well as yada yada others...and still...I want this...GAS strikes again...beautiful walkthrough...

Edited by Dave Maffris

1 hour ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Galaxy Instruments took all of us on an amazing journey with NOIRE, now with Piano Colors things have been taken to an entirely different level. Stay tuned for more (did someone mention a livestream), stay tuned 📺

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/piano-colors/

Seeing as how you already hear music in colors (watch our podcast to learn about this), I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this.

After watching even a short bit of the video... I want this!   They've outdone NOIRE and the UVI treated piano.

• Like 1

Is there such a thing of too many Piano's? 

Wait did I just say that.   I'm just more upset that all these great toys are coming out when I have two daughters starting College this fall and next fall.  :(

Plus I don't have enough time in the day or night to play with all these awesome toys!

Edited by InstrEd
added text

53 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Wait did I just say that.   I'm just more upset that all these great toys are coming out when I have two daughters starting College this fall and next fall.  :(

Plus I don't have enough time in the day or night to play with all these awesome toys!

My drives say YES!  Sure they sound great to us but the average person who is only a listener probably wouldn't be impressed like us.  I can't imagine any criticism in a song even if a GM patch was used.  We like to tell ourselves it's not true.  I often use a DAW's built in piano to sketch.

43 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Until 'recent' times, no one ever even heard of "too many pianos." 

Look at it along these lines: life was better and cooler, richer, and had more soul and vibe when we didn't have smartphones. Unfortunately, I have great difficulty getting through life now without my smartphone. But before it came along, things were just fine.. better even. Like how I used to spend hours hanging out and browsing in record stores and now.. where is a record store?! Everything is downloaded now, quick and easy and immediate and all while on the go.. and with no soul or vibe. When I came up in the late 80's/early 90's in Seattle, even the guitar players in Soundgarden and Pearl Jam--even in the studio--didn't have a hundred different guitar amps at their disposal like dad does now, digitally. There's too much now, and while I don't want it all I'm also mad that I can't have it all and my peace and enjoyment of how great things used to be when we had little is ruined in that regard. 
Yes; too many pianos indeed. Now let me have a look at his video as I'm still in the market for one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

My drives say YES!  Sure they sound great to us but the average person who is only a listener probably wouldn't be impressed like us.  I can't imagine any criticism in a song even if a GM patch was used.  We like to tell ourselves it's not true.  I often use a DAW's built in piano to sketch.

Funny I did a small Canon for church service years ago and I used TTS  and everyone at the church thought it sounded wonderful.  I think you are right Paul that us DAW users are the picky ones :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Now let me have a look at his video as I'm still in the market for one

I will end up watching Simeon's video too as he is such a positive person on his videos. I love watching and listening to him play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

Paul,
I am playing a game right now called Piano Library Survivor ;^)
It is hard to imagine drive space filling up so fast, especially with some of the VSL Pianos (they are huge).
I am getting to the point where you need to earn that space on the drive or be exiled to the Island of the external USB Spinning Disk.

We are trapped in the universe of perception a lot of times. There are however certain libraries that capture our imagination and become the survivors and ones that we go too first.

Stay tuned for the next episode...the tribe has spoken!

I just saw that this is $149. 

All those Asian instruments for $79.   Up until this I had been looking at their Vintage Electric for $99.  

I had decided to buy this, but I'm going to have to look in my sock drawer to see if there are enough loose quarters in there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I had decided to buy this, but I'm going to have to look in my sock drawer to see if there are enough loose quarters in there.

I'm guessing you either have a very large sock drawer, or not many socks (or both). Also I hope it's a sturdy dresser. 🙂

I love Noire and this new library sounds beautiful. Galaxy Instruments is absolutely fabulous at piano libraries -- love them. My only concern is that this may be packaged with the next version of KOMPLETE and I don't want to buy it twice. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I love Noire and this new library sounds beautiful. Galaxy Instruments is absolutely fabulous at piano libraries -- love them. My only concern is that this may be packaged with the next version of KOMPLETE and I don't want to buy it twice. 

Exactly my thoughts. I got extremely lucky with buying Arkhis seperately to find out later that it was only included in the Ultimate Collectors Edition (which I don't have), but I learned my lesson. I will not buy NI products before knowing what will be in de next Komplete Ultimate (my current level).

17 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

NI licenses are so easy to transfer .  The process usually takes minutes and there's no fee. 

So I'm going to buy this for $125 with my $25 e-voucher.  As this is actually a $199 instrument on an intro price,  I will sell it for $99 as soon as I get KU14.   So it costs me in effect $25 to have it for the two years before I buy KU14 in the summer of 2023.    And I have seen people successfully sell NI products with less than a 50% discount, so it could be less than $25.

I bought NOIRE this way, but at that time I had a $50 e-voucher.  It took about two days to sell it.  In fact I sold all my separate NI purchases (ARKHIS, PICKED ACOUSTIC, PERCUSSION upgrade)  within a week,  except MALLET FLUX, which I still hope to sell. 

I have little doubt that I will be able to sell PIANO COLORS in a day or so.  It will be even easier if I don't wait for the summer sale.  I don't always.

Of course there is always the risk that NI will go subscription, but if they do, I think it will be like Composers Cloud or Reason, and they will still sell products.

The only time you can't sell NI stuff is when they have their own 50% off sales.

Anyway, I still have some more drawers to search through.   😃

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1