Big Loudness Meter Request

We First Need a Loudness Meter every other daw Provide it calkwalk also should it a small thing but very powerfull and Time and frastating saver every time you need to check you level you either come close to you computer screen to see the value or you again and again open go to master channel to open the vu vst but if calkwalk have a db meter you just press a shortcut key to open and close and yes a vst can not open with shortcut key but if calkwalk give a pre built Db meter we can open it with shortcut key like INSTECTOR or prochannel.. 

Those who agree with me request Calkwalk To give a db meter

IMG_20210708_143448.jpg

IMG_20210708_143420.jpg

Edited by BAARISH KI DHUN (Pisi Bhaipo)

I'd suggest a more generalized solution: implement the ability to pull up any designated plugin's UI via a keypress. That would address your specific need, and also allow other handy shortcuts, such as quickly bringing up your mastering limiter, spectrum analyzer or a main multi-timbral synth. 

In the meantime, a possible solution would be to use screensets.

• Like 1

Screenset  is ok but if leveling meter was there it definitely help.. Cause i face in many situation while doing gain automtion while doing minor gain adjust i always have to open and pin the plugin when i get ofscreen the plugin get close .. You suggest screen set it ok .. But suppose i doing gain automation .. And i do 1db 2db adjustment to see the diffrent i have to again and again go from screen 1 to2

6 hours ago, Arka Banerjee said:

Try out Span it has a big loudness meter.

Span is very good but same thing i have tell when you doing a session in which you have 70 track and you always have to go to setting or off screen frequently.. The vst  will get close my problem is not get a good vst but the vst always get close there is no way to open a vst by shortcut key or anything like that

That the problem ..every daw have a big leveling meter flstudio,studioone,ntrack,cubase etc why they gave it .. For a reason .. If calkwalk gave it will be very helpful.. Bandlab app now also have a leveling meter .. In master.. Volume

11 hours ago, Sergey Levin said:

The plugin has a window lock button in the upper right corner.

Use external meters to prevent them from being closed.

If i use pin feature which prevent them to close but it have a backside when you offocus or chage the screen using sreen set or go to setting page or etc when you came back the vst get close then again you have to go.. To master channel and open this is ok for 10or 20 track session but if you have 60 70track then i is frastating..

WindowManagement.05.1.png

Until such time that this feature is implemented, one suggestion is Meldaproduction MLoudnessAnalyzer, a freeware plug-in.

Then put it (or whatever meter you prefer) in the Multidock. You do this by clicking on the window icon in the far left upper corner. At this point, your meter plug-in will float on top of everything when Cakewalk has focus. If you need to see Piano Roll or Console on a second monitor, drag their tabs out of the Multidock.

• Great Idea 1

I now use the Youlean loudness meter, float it, and it lives mostly on my second monitor. And I actually don’t look at the meters on plug ins or Cakewalk’s. I look at the peak level read out. That stays at max until you reset. That way I can easily spot a track that is misbehaving. Peak level and actual perceived level are two different things. So a peak meter is only a ballpark solution to mixing. Meters that give you LUFS are more useful to me.  

Edited by John Vere

• 2 weeks later...