Start Screen Not Working Since Update **solved**

dubdisciple

8 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

Please excuse my ignorance.  What is the Star screen?  What are you selecting that opens old Cakewalk pages?  What is supposed to open when you make a selection?

When You Open Cakewalk it shows a big dialogue box where they show your recent projects and templates and stuff. That's the start screen

• Like 1

@dubdisciple You could try renaming Offline.html  in %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\   to Offline.html.bak

It should get recreated from scratch when you re-open CbB.

You should try to work out why this has happened though... do you have OneDrive enabled? I could have re-synced from an older machine maybe ?

Check your OneDrive configuration, and consider excluding this directory... or at least make sure everything is synced and up-to-date.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@dubdisciple You could try renaming Offline.html  in %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\   to Offline.html.bak

You should try to work out why this has happened though... do you have OneDrive enabled? I could have re-synced from an older machine maybe ?

Check your OneDrive configuration, and consider excluding this directory... or at least make sure everything is synced and up-to-date.

thanks.  no one drive enabled.  i am baffled

• Like 1

11 hours ago, msmcleod said:

renaming helped.  Thanks!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, msmcleod said:

You could try renaming Offline.html  in %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\   to Offline.html.bak

Ohhh.   Hmmm.  So this just made me think that the start screen is customized by html code.  Or is it?  ......wink wink......wink.....muwahaha muwahahaha!

Edited by clovis
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:33 PM, dubdisciple said:

sorry for typo

@dubdisciple, thank you for correcting the typo.  I hope my remark didn't come across as smart or sarcastic as that was not my intent.  Sometimes I don't see the forest for the trees.  In this instance the typo drew my attention enough I did not understand your question.  That's why I asked for clarification.

I'm glad to discover the issue is resolved.

Edited by Jim Fogle

41 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

I hope my remark didn't come across as smart or sarcastic as that was not my intent.

I did not think it came across in any sort of negative way.  From all the posts I have read, you come across to me as very respectful of others. So, this:

On 7/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, User 905133 said:

Possibly a typo: Start screen, maybe?

was also intended as being respectful (not sarcastic or negative in any way).

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 6:28 PM, Jim Fogle said:

@dubdisciple, thank you for correcting the typo.  I hope my remark didn't come across as smart or sarcastic as that was not my intent.  Sometimes I don't see the forest for the trees.  In this instance the typo drew my attention enough I did not understand your question.  That's why I asked for clarification.

I'm glad to discover the issue is resolved.

I understood you were just politely asking for clarification.  Thanks again :)

• Like 1