Pulsar Audio 1178 Flash Sale

FranciscoJ

The Pulsar Audio 1178 software meticulously recreates the original 1178 hardware in its tonal colour and compression character, plus all the features you would expect from a modern, versatile plug-in

33% discount until July 11
$ 99 (regular $ 149)

Remember to select the gift of the month PhoenixVerb Stereo ("free")

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/8-Compressor/7344-Pulsar-1178?nosto=frontpage-nosto-2/?a_aid=5f6eb45de2e6d

5 minutes ago, Monomox said:

I got PA's Smasher for free, but don't use it because it requires Cloud iLok, which means it doesn't work without a continuous connection to the internet,

just FYI

I got it for free as well.  I never use it, but it is authorized both to a PC and a physical ilok.

Not sure if they had different standards during different give aways, but can confirm mine is not strictly tied to the ilok clould version, which I think is a terrible practice.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Monomox said:

I got PA's Smasher for free, but don't use it because it requires Cloud iLok, which means it doesn't work without a continuous connection to the internet,

just FYI

Strange, I also have Smasher and it offers me activation "Computer hard Drive", "iLok Cloud session" and "iLok USB dongle".

I also have the "Mu" and it offers me the same forms of activation, I asked a friend who owns the "1178" and the same forms of activation.

18 hours ago, FranciscoJ said:

Strange, I also have Smasher and it offers me activation "Computer hard Drive", "iLok Cloud session" and "iLok USB dongle".

I also have the "Mu" and it offers me the same forms of activation, I asked a friend who owns the "1178" and the same forms of activation.

This is from their manual (https://pulsar.audio/downloads/manuals/Pulsar Smasher - User Manual.pdf)

All our plug-ins are protected by PACE's iLok system. For correct operation, we recommend you ensure that you have the latest version of the « iLok License Manager » software, available for free download at www.ilok.com.

They require:

• either an iLok 2 / iLok 3 hardware USB Key (which you can order online or buy from your music dealer)
  • or a permanent internet connection on your workstation (iLok Cloud system)

EDIT: not trying to start an argument, just to show that your situation may be an anomaly

Edited by Monomox

I have one auth on the cloud (which requires internet connectivity) and one auth on my iLok, which doesn't require an internet connection.  I loathe the iLok cloud.  It's messed things up for me even when I wasn't using it (had to start a cloud session, then end that cloud session to get Pro Tools to see it properly) on more than one occasion.  

I like the UI of this, but I have SO MANY 1176/78 variations.  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 3:27 AM, Monomox said:

EDIT: not trying to start an argument, just to show that your situation may be an anomaly

Nah 🙂 That manual available on their website is outdated. Here's a screenshot from the one that comes with the latest version of the plugin (on Windows installer drops the manual into C:\ProgramData\Pulsar\Smasher\manuals):

image.png.558cf9cd9e5110eee9d41e37afad003c.png

• Like 1