Folly Beach

jwnicholson78

Nice little ditty.  I enjoyed it and your pictures very much.  I lived close to Folly Beach.  I miss the sounds of the coast sometimes.  One thing I don't miss is in the summer time you could just about set your watch by the daily thunderstorms; start at 4:30 PM and end a few minutes before 5!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 9:37 PM, Jim Fogle said:

Nice little ditty.  I enjoyed it and your pictures very much.  I lived close to Folly Beach.  I miss the sounds of the coast sometimes.  One thing I don't miss is in the summer time you could just about set your watch by the daily thunderstorms; start at 4:30 PM and end a few minutes before 5!

First time I have been in the area.  We really liked it there.   I think we got hit by a couple of those 4:30 thunderstorms, though.

6 hours ago, mark skinner said:

JW , that was a Very cool production from the first note to the end. I loved your choice of instruments and especially liked the fast flurry of notes from the keys in a couple of spots.  Excellent .  Thanks for the tour ..  mark

Thanks so much for the comment!

Jeff

6 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

That was a super pleasant tour. You are a good photographer, nice original content! Are the boats up on the dock because a tidal surge was coming, or is that the usual?

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks!  No idea if it's usual or not, but there was a tropical depression that came through just south of us the day before, so maybe that's the reason?

Just so nice to hear well recorded and defined instruments, though there are a number of bass elements in the opening phrase they are all nice and distinct.  Love the Bass which is very present and very correct without overpowering everything.  I applaud you writing and mix skills sir.

What did you use for this I really like the Bass and the marimba? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Just so nice to hear well recorded and defined instruments, though there are a number of bass elements in the opening phrase they are all nice and distinct.  Love the Bass which is very present and very correct without overpowering everything.  I applaud you writing and mix skills sir.

What did you use for this I really like the Bass and the marimba? 

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words!

The entire song was written using the Android version of FL Studio Mobile on my tablet, and all the sounds used come stock with it.  For the past few years, when the family went on vacation, I would set myself a challenge of trying to write and finish a short song while on vacation in the wee morning hours when I'm usually the only one awake.  FL Studio Mobile is great for that.  Then, when I get home after the vacation is over I do a little bit of final mixing in Cakewalk.

Edited by jwnicholson78
  • Thanks 1