CHOCOLATE

Miguel Carzola

Hi everyone.

Found another old session that fully opens with Cakewalk by BandLab since all the effects I used in it were from the included Sonitus bundle.

About the song: I liked this girl very much and I told her I'd write her a song of any style she wanted. She spoke in "Spanglish" a lot and she thought it would be funny if it were either gospel or disco (go figure). I chose to do something like a Maroon 5 song so it wouldn't be pure disco, and did the old Swedish “track and hook” songwriting  trick as well as used minor-major tonality and key changes. Wrote it in Spanish but using some terms of endearment in English that are recognized by people around the world and that counted as "Spanglish", did one take of the lead vocal to an acoustic guitar recorded with a click track, and it came out with a good energy so I built the rest of the song around that.

Edited by Miguel Carzola
Spelling
  • Like 1

Hace 4 horas, Miguel Carzola dijo:

Hola a todos.

Encontré otra sesión antigua que se abre completamente con Cakewalk de BandLab, ya que todos los efectos que usaron en ella eran del paquete Sonitus incluido.

Acerca de la canción: Me gustaron mucho estas chicas y le dije que le escribiría una canción del estilo que quisiera. Hablaba mucho en "spanglish" y pensó que sería divertido si fuera gospel o disco (imagínate). Elegí hacer algo como una canción de Maroon 5 para que no fuera pura música disco, e hice el viejo truco sueco de composición de canciones de usar acordes menores en canciones uptempo resolviéndose en coros con acordes mayores. Lo escribí en español pero usando algunos términos cariñosos en inglés que son reconocidos por personas de todo el mundo y que cuentan como "Spanglish", hizo una toma de la voz principal de una guitarra acústica grabada con una pista de clic, y salió con una buena energía, así que construí el resto de la canción en torno a eso.

Espero que disfrutes incluso sin las palabras.

What estén bien, todos 🤙 😊

Me ha gustado el tema. Pegadizo y comercial y bastante buena producción. Tu cantas y tocas las guitarras?

Se ve que eres un maestro 😉

PD. Algún truquillo que puedas decirme para conseguir ese sonido tan limpio y compacto??

Saludos desde Sevilla

Edited by Nio Sebez
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Miguel , Very nice energy . I think your guitar work is Fantastic ! Listening to your other songs I think you sing as well in English as you do in Spanish or Spanglish. Very talented ..  mark

Thank you so much, Mark. Sent you an email here. Hope to hear from you on that 🙂

John! 
A million thanks. The words are roughly: 

Verse 1

With only a look at you my heart skips a beat, and I jumble up my words and lose all reasoning. When I'm with you I smile stupidly, and I think of things that are done between two people. In the moments I see you pass by I know that my eyes can't help but to touch your back. I wanna have an accident in your curves and fill you totally  with pleasure

chorus

Uh Uh baby I wanna submerge in you, I'd wanna be able to be covered with your essence like that, honey. Uh uh mama, to savor your body like a chocolate (candy bar)

Verse 2

I wanna have you without shame . I wanna taste in my mouth the sweat of your neck, to see you smiling under me, cus you know exactly why we're here. I want your breath shortened from loving, and to fill my hands with your warm breast. I wanna have an accident in your curves. I wanna  fulfill  you like a man would a  woman.

Chorus

Es una muy buena canción aunque logicamente se nota el paso del tiempo en la producción y en la calidad de sonido.

Pero rehaciendo partes de la producción y rehaciendo la mezcla tienes un Hit.Me encantaria re-producir este tema contigo.

It's a very good song, although logically the sound quality and production sound a little old. But redoing parts of the production and redoing the mix you have a hit. I would love to re-produce this song with you again.

Saludos desde España.

www.fjlamela.com

www.marveloustracks.com

I liked it, a good old pop song. That spanky Strat guitar sounded great as the bones of the funk. Mixwise, maybe more snap on the snare, your snare has mostly fizz which is ok. Maybe layer the snare with a clap or something? 

Cool, I didn't know that was "the Swedish trick"  :)

cheers,

-Tom

8 hours ago, FJ Lamela said:

Es una muy buena canción aunque logicamente se nota el paso del tiempo en la producción y en la calidad de sonido.

Pero rehaciendo partes de la producción y rehaciendo la mezcla tienes un Hit.Me encantaria re-producir este tema contigo.

It's a very good song, although logically the sound quality and production sound a little old. But redoing parts of the production and redoing the mix you have a hit. I would love to re-produce this song with you again.

Saludos desde España.

www.fjlamela.com

www.marveloustracks.com

Hey FJ!

Gracias por el comentario y la oferta. Ahí te mantendré en mente cuando la vaya a rehacer.

Muchísimas gracias!

Edited by Miguel Carzola
  • Like 1