I present you a new song. Jasmine scent. Spanish Pop Rock

Nio Sebez

Hello friends, I present you a new song, Aroma de Jazmín, (jasmine scent) is called, I hope you like it.

the lyrics are from a friend of mine, and the music is composed between the two of us. The recording of the instruments and voices are mine, made with Cakewalk by Bandlab

Edited by Nio Sebez
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, Nio Sebez said:

Hello friends, I present you a new song. Jasmine scent is called, I hope you like it.

the lyrics are from a friend of mine, and the music is composed between the two of us. The recording of the instruments and voices are mine, made with Cakewalk by Bandlab

https://www.bandlab.com/niosebez2/niosebez-aroma-de-jazminmp3-d25e0c94?revId=ba4dd884-b366-eb11-9889-0050f28a2802

Hello again. I'm thinking of finishing the end of this song. It's too empty, isn't it?

Nio , personally I Loved the ending. For me it was Perfect. Fantastic lead guitar playing. I think the left guitar in the beginning of the song got a little loud , it was swelling up too much in spots. Your Great vocals could also be brought up in the beginning. When the song got heavier , about 1:20  the mix was Very nice. I loved the Spanish feel in the strong intro section and the really quick flamenco part.  This was wonderful to listen to , not even knowing what you were singing about.   Very impressed ..   mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nio Sebez said:

What about the end?

I didn't actually notice anything wrong with it - it felt quite natural that as the tempo slowed down a bit, that the instruments thinned out a little also to indicate a winding down of the song. It is different from the pace of the rest of the song, but not in a bad way.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Nio , personally I Loved the ending. For me it was Perfect. Fantastic lead guitar playing. I think the left guitar in the beginning of the song got a little loud , it was swelling up too much in spots. Your Great vocals could also be brought up in the beginning. When the song got heavier , about 1:20  the mix was Very nice. I loved the Spanish feel in the strong intro section and the really quick flamenco part.  This was wonderful to listen to , not even knowing what you were singing about.   Very impressed ..   mark

Thanks Mark for your words. I have to confess that the short solo (chopped), of flamenco guitar, not mine, is a sample, the rest is, of course.

As for the guitar, at that time my guitar had a mass noise that annoyed me a lot, it still has it, although less loud.

The problem that I see in the end is that it gives me the feeling that something is missing, some more instrument, perhaps an organ or another guitar.
But hey, I did this song several years ago and I don't think I'm going to play it anymore. 🙂

17 hours ago, antler said:

I didn't actually notice anything wrong with it - it felt quite natural that as the tempo slowed down a bit, that the instruments thinned out a little also to indicate a winding down of the song. It is different from the pace of the rest of the song, but not in a bad way.

Thank you my friend, I appreciate your words.
It is true that in the end I lowered the tempo 🙂

Edited by Nio Sebez

That was pretty great and reminded me of Rush, the cool rhythms and parts, but that's probably just my problem.  :)

You have a great voice and those vocal blends with bgv sound very legit and pro. Well done!

The guitar work is fabulous and powerful for sure, but I got a little set back from the tone, which could do with maybe a bit more high end? The bite got muffled a bit, for me.

very very good, thanks for posting!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

That was pretty great and reminded me of Rush, the cool rhythms and parts, but that's probably just my problem.  :)

You have a great voice and those vocal blends with bgv sound very legit and pro. Well done!

The guitar work is fabulous and powerful for sure, but I got a little set back from the tone, which could do with maybe a bit more high end? The bite got muffled a bit, for me.

very very good, thanks for posting!

cheers,

-Tom

Thank you for your kind words, it is very comforting to hear them, although I did not want them to create too much vanity 🙂

There is something that I do not understand, my mother tongue is Spanish and I am not fluent in English.
It's this: "I got a little set back from the tone, which could do with maybe a bit more high end? The bite got muffled a bit, for me."

No problem, and thanks!

The guitar playing is great, but I thought the tone could use more upper eq "air" . . . like it was recorded with a blanket over the amp or something. Could be the choice of microphone?

That's perhaps a hard comment to translate! I don't want you to think I didn't like it, I did!

14 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

No problem, and thanks!

The guitar playing is great, but I thought the tone could use more upper eq "air" . . . like it was recorded with a blanket over the amp or something. Could be the choice of microphone?

That's perhaps a hard comment to translate! I don't want you to think I didn't like it, I did!

I recorded the guitar solo without an amp, I plugged the guitar directly into an old beheringer multi-effects, and from there to the audio card and cakewalk. The truth is that I'm not totally convinced of the solo's sound, but hey, I think I'll just leave it as it is.

Thanks again for your comments, they always enrich