the kiss of god

David Sprouse

On 7/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Nicely done David - that was very pleasant - I thought the length was fine. I thought the mix was excellent through my headphones.

Thanks for listening douglas.  I managed to make it slightly louder.  I think it is more forceful.

17 hours ago, jack c. said:

wonderful tones.jack c.

jack, thanks for the great review!

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Like this David and I thought the mix was spot on

What did you use for the violins / cello etc?

Cool

Nigel

Hi Nigel, thanks for listening.  It's all VSL.  I was hoping for antiphon with the opening chords, but it didn't quite make it.  

As usual I'm taken by the maths in this piece. I look forward to a longer set with a title like The Tortoise & the Hare, I believe your music could paint a fantasia kind of feel .. Just an idea  .. ish. I continue to love your work because I wouldn't know where to start so I find it engaging and different ... in a good way. 

Thanks for the post David

Stay safe

Steve 

David , I liked how massive the total mix was. It reminded me of a production I once heard while visiting my Grandmother. Giant cathedral , massive pipe organ , excellent string section.   Besides the composition  , you captured the room nicely . Nice and inspiring.  mark

David . . . I never know how to critique the "Classical" stuff . . . so, I'll just say I had a few listens, and enjoyed both of them. Sounds well orchestrated, and balanced . . .  you've changed up and moved through the orchestra sections to make it interesting. You mention using VSL, and there are a few places where the strings get very intense, and I can hear the "digitality" of them . . . so wonder if you've ever experimented with any analogue, tube, or console emulator tricks to mitigate that ? I only ask, since I've noticed it in some of my compositions, and sometimes in Jerry Gerber's posts of his midi / digital symphonic projects.

Regardless . . . I always like the projects you post here, you have quite a range of styles you're involved with.

On 7/18/2021 at 4:07 AM, SupaReels said:

As usual I'm taken by the maths in this piece. I look forward to a longer set with a title like The Tortoise & the Hare, I believe your music could paint a fantasia kind of feel .. Just an idea  .. ish. I continue to love your work because I wouldn't know where to start so I find it engaging and different ... in a good way. 

Thanks for the post David

Stay safe

Steve 

Steve,  virtually all my math teachers...highschool through college were musicians.  I made this piece for you hopefully someday we'll have some frothy coffee together. :D:D

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:30 AM, mark skinner said:

David , I liked how massive the total mix was. It reminded me of a production I once heard while visiting my Grandmother. Giant cathedral , massive pipe organ , excellent string section.   Besides the composition  , you captured the room nicely . Nice and inspiring.  mark

Mark, I'm glad you picked up on that, because that's what my initial goals were, (viz massive room, organ).  Thank so much for taking the time to listen to my music.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:11 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

Your orchestration is brilliant, David.  I love the mix for this song; it creates tension, then releases it, making this song breathe with life.  What an imagination you have!

Thank you Lynn.