how to connect Guitar->UM2->WASAPI->CAKEWALK->OBS for live streaming

carloshhp

Question

Hi, i just got my UM2 the day before yesterday and i'm trying to do a livestreaming with OBS, but so far it seems impossible.

I intalled the ASIO driver, but i got the behringer UM2 working with WASAPI with the following configuration (attached)

I get monitor from my pc's speakers and also from the output of the UM2.

I've seen may videos and read tutorial, all them say to use the ASIO driver but i only got this working with WASAPI, and i have no iudea how to connect this with OBS b ecause tutorial say i have to change my cakewalk imput and outpút but i just won't work.

Please HELP

2021-07-03 23_34_32-Window.png

2021-07-03 23_34_53-Window.png

2021-07-03 23_35_05-Window.png

Edited by carloshhp

3 answers to this question

@carloshhp Wasabi...heh :D I meant WASAPI in exclusive mode means audio is only going to function for the first application that was initiated in this mode and cannot be shared with other programs.  Thats what WASAPI Shared is for.   

However, ASIO is generally the universal and most stable option in terms of driver compatibility across hardware and software.  This also allows you to utilize larger sample buffers and lower latency and isn't nearly as fussy as the drivers that come from built in soundcards normally used for entertainment purposes.

WASAPI is basically WDM drivers fortified to withstand demanding audio situations and is a great alternative to ASIO when on Windows PC.

Your settings are fine and shouldn't have issues if your CPU is 4 cores and 8GB Ram, stock settings will do fine.  I believe what you are missing is a plugin by reaper that allows you to stream out of Cakewalk into OBS.  The plug in is free and comes bundled with their free plug in bundle....

Im sorry I do not know the step by step nor the name of the plug in, but search this forum for OBS REAPER to locate the exact info.

The cheaper Behringer interfaces don’t come with a proper ASIO driver so you bought the wrong interface. You also need the loop back feature to smoothly use OSB studio and Cakewalk together. 
Before you buy an interface you should make a list of features you need. Send it back. 

Hi, I'd like to comment I have an UM2 interface too and it's been working well with BEHRINGER USB AUDIO 2.8.40 driver. Also it has Direct Monitor selector which could help when doing screen capture and related jobs.
Also I've made broadcasting (*) with Skype and Zoom and it worked fine, but I don't know if it is the same with OBS!

(*) chat video broadcasting

Edited by mgustavo