IK Product Manager Fail [def NOT a deal]

Bapu

I'm on Win10 Pro 64bit 20H2.

I'm told Mix Box (1.1.1 to 1.2.0) and MODO Drum (1.1.1 to 1.1.2) need updating. When I click on Update I'm told the installer is corrupt. I've even reinstalled the Product Manager (just to be safe). Same error.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by Bapu
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Did you have to install the content again?

I don't know if I did or not Vernon. I was doing other things at the time and I forgot I was d/l MODO Drums, all of a sudden the installer popped up on my screen and I was like... "Oh Yeah!! Forgot about this." It did take it a long time to d/l so I am thinking that it did install content. All I know is I just clicked all the next buttons until the install one showed and then I clicked that one!

T-Racks updated too, and d/l about 1.6gb of info and that didn't take nearly as long as the MODO Drums d/l.

[edit] @Vernon Barnes  As a follow up I went to my IKPM d/l folder and sure enough, there is a 19gb folder for MODO Drums with a date of yesterday. So yes, I d/l and installed all the content again!! Not sure if that was needed or not.

[edit #2] For some reason I had to reinstall MODO Bass. Not sure why that was needed. It was working as expected. But I clicked 'Re-Install' and it didn't d/l anything. Just installed from previous d/l. IDK

Edited by Grem

Grem,

Can I borrow everything under this section, 

Music PC
i9 9900K; 32gb Ram; 500gb M.2 SSD System, 1tb M.2 storage, 1tb SSD Samples, 500gb SSD Audio; 3TB & 2TB Project/Programs Storage; BkUp; UA Apollo Twin X Quad TB3, UAD Satellite Octo USB; UAD Octo PCIe, Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 

I promise I will give it back ....one day.  🥴

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jesse g said:

Grem,

Can I borrow everything under this section, 

Music PC
i9 9900K; 32gb Ram; 500gb M.2 SSD System, 1tb M.2 storage, 1tb SSD Samples, 500gb SSD Audio; 3TB & 2TB Project/Programs Storage; BkUp; UA Apollo Twin X Quad TB3, UAD Satellite Octo USB; UAD Octo PCIe, Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 

You almost made it: 🙂 

Intel I9 10900K processor O.C. 5.0GHz, Asus Prime Z490-A mobo, Asus Thunderbolt EX 3-TR, 128Gb PC3300 Memory, 1TB - SSD Program Drive, 8TB - Sample Drive, 2TB - Project Drive, Dual Layer RW DVD, Antec P-180 Case, Antec 750W Trio Power Supply, Dell 43" Monitor, 2 x UAD Octo Satellites, RME UFX, 2x RME OctaMic II

• Like 1

My install issue is resolved.  I had forgotten when I installed MODO drum the first time, I ended up reinstalling as it was taking too much of my precious system drive space.  On installing the update it wanted to do this again. I  installed all but the content files but then MODO drum would not read the PAK files from the sample drive.

Solution, uninstall then manually install (i.e. not using product manager) from the downloaded zip file to the sample drive. It now works.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, Bapu said:

8TB - Sample Drive,

I am finding that my plan of having a 1TB SSD as my sample drive is proving to be inadequate. So I have moved on to also using my 1tb M.2 Intel 660 drive as an alternative sample drive. And that is starting to fill up fast!!

On 7/5/2021 at 9:59 AM, jesse g said:

I don't know if I can believe that!! Seems like a setup to me!!! : )

• Haha 1