[Solved} Synthmaster not showing up as vsti

Check to make sure it installed correctly and didn't fail the scan. Go to Preferences -> VST Settings -> Scan Options. Check the box labeled "Generate Scan Log", and then click the button labeled "Reset". Run the scan by clicking "Scan".  

This alone may do the trick, but if Synthmaster still isn't showing up, check the log. It'll be in %appdata%\Cakewalk\Logs. Open it in Notepad and search for SynthMaster.

4 hours ago, Alan Tubbs said:

The solo version works and the synthmaster folder is chosen for “look in” .  Anybody else have a problem?

Synthmaster Works fine here.

Is Synthmaster's VST DLL (Which is SynthMaster2.dll) in one of the folders defined in Preferences | File | VST Settings > VST Scan Paths?

If so, have you done a scan? 

If you’re using a Custom Plugin Layout, did you put Synthmaster in that Custom Plugin Layout?

The SynthMaster plugin .dll does NOT get put in the SynthMaster folder.

It will be somewhere on your hard drive after the installation.  If you didn't notice where the installer placed the plugin, do this:

Search File Explorer for "SynthMaster2.dll", and either add the folder where you locate the plugin file to the VST scan path in CbB, or move the plugin file to whatever folder the rest of your VST2 plugins are located in.

Edited by abacab

yes,  it was in program file/vstplugins/.  That was in my to scan folders and I had started and restarted the computer a few times.  But now it seems to be running fine.  it is easy to forget what a nice synth it is.  Once I got it up I mucked about w/ it and  some libraries.  Fun stuff.

Thanks all.  And a certain reptilian persistence.  I'll probably need it since registering Rapture Pro is on the list.  I'vde got the solution so I did need any tips YET!  We' ll see.

Thanks again for being such a great Forum.

@

• Thanks 1

• Alan Tubbs changed the title to [Solved} Synthmaster not showing up as vsti