We need a new VST instrument inside Cakewalk

I am all for something new.

Re-releasing Dimension Pro is a step backward.

Dimension Pro was dropped from the product line around 2015. 

The last update to the plug-in was in 2010.

Of course, like other legacy synths, it was still bundled with certain versions of SONAR.

Dimension Pro, Rapture and Cakewalk Sound Center were replaced by Rapture Session/Pro.

If BandLab were to release an old Cakewalk synth, these are the likely candidates.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scook said:

I am all for something new.

Re-releasing Dimension Pro is a step backward.

Dimension Pro was dropped from the product line around 2015. 

The last update to the plug-in was in 2010.

Of course, like other legacy synths, it was still bundled with certain versions of SONAR.

Dimension Pro, Rapture and Cakewalk Sound Center were replaced by Rapture Session/Pro.

If BandLab were to release an old Cakewalk synth, these are the likely candidates.

I think it would be the first Step toward something new

and for who had old file.exe ... Dimension Pro at the moment sounds good !!

Edited by EnglandBross

There might be some licensing issues with DP/RP as much of the content was created by third parties who licensed to Cakewalk.  These rights might not transfer to Bandlab.

I'd like to see Pentagon come back, 64 bit VST3, with the bugs fixed.  Maybe support import of standard wav files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I liked Z3TA+2 - it was great synth and for that time it was great cheap software alternative for Access Virus TI synth. 

To be honest I personally do not wait for re-release older synths like Dimension, Rapture... There is a lot of going on right now on the market for any kind of software synths, plugins and all technology. In 2006-2010 those old synths was groundbreaking and really incredible - but now when exists Omnisphere 2, Spitfire BT Phobos, Serum, Massive X... its pointless, at least for me.

I would much more appreciate if in future there will be some new integrated to Cakewalk advanced sampler like in Ableton, Cubase and that new sampler from Logic.. It would be great to easy manipulate with audio -  stretch, transpose, detune, warp, loop, chop etc.. its great technology and its very creative thing.  Also I would like to see some new ProChannel module - or at least re-releasing those Concrete Limiter and other great modules. ProChannel is so powerful thing - absolutely love it!

• Like 2

I am not against BandLab releasing all of the legacy VST content. But the fact that they have not released a single one yet, in all this time, tells me there must be a reason. I won't speculate on why, as nobody really knows. I do have all of them, except for Rapture Pro, which I only had the demo of when Cakewalk was shut down.

At the time the original Cakewalk synths were first released, they were a star attraction and a good incentive to buy the latest version of Sonar to acquire them as bundled content. Cakewalk was in on the first wave of commercial soft synth development, and really stepped it up when they acquired RGC Audio.

It was like the dawn of the internet. Things started off slow, personal computers were often not up to the task of running soft synths and samplers, and then eventually the market exploded!

Just my opinion here, but that is now ancient history, and the beloved old Cakewalk synths surely could use some love, as far as updates go. I still love them for nostalgic reasons, and they do still sound good. But I rarely ever open them anymore. I am much happier with the more modern synths available today. The market is actually flooded with great synths being sold for near giveaway prices, or even given away for free. I imagine that only the top tier ($$$) is actually making any money for their publishers.

8 minutes ago, Joseph Edward Youssef said:

i would love a simple drum sampler/rompler that works kinda like FL Studio. you just drag a sample over a midi track and that sample is spread out chromatically over the keyboard keys and the track is automatically converted to a VSTi track

Yep, that one has been on the feature request list for years. Probably the most popular one ... so maybe eventually. 😉

• Thanks 1

i missed the boat with Rapture Pro, regrettably, so i would probably snag that if given the chance, or an updated 64 bit version of Beatscape; though i have more vst instruments than i could shake a stick at lol.  come to think of it, the virtual instrument market seems pretty glutted

• Like 1

They made so many mistakes with Rapture Pro.  There were a lot of bugs and naming it after Rapture was a huge mistake because they never could meet expectations.

They should have named it Sound Center Pro, because that's more of what it is.  Once you see it as that, and after they fixed the bugs, you realize that it's actually pretty good in that role.

• Like 1

A pad based sample player that would allow the user to assign all of it’s controls (folder and sample navigation, edit functions, parameters, etc …)to any midi controller the user chooses.

Samples should be able to be selected by pad or by kit, in real time, without having to stop CxB(Cakewalk) and load kits. It should be capable of loading samples on the fly. Example: I have a drum beat I created and looped, I don’t like the snare sample I’m using. I can just select that pad, navigate to whatever sample folder I keep my snares in, and using the sampler’s increment/decrement controls I’ve mapped to my controller, I “scroll” through each sample in real time and as I hear it being played by whatever midi pattern I’ve programmed. Once I find the sample I like and press select, it’s loaded onto the pad I’m using. All without having to stop playing the loop I’ve created.

Nothing gets in the way of creating drum parts like having to push stop, go back to your keyboard and mouse and click through sounds or worse yet, drag and drop, just to swap out a snare or kick. Scrolling through or using an increment/decrement set up is so much better workflow wise.

And, of course, the sampler player should have all of the usual bells and whistles of any good sampler. It doesn’t have to re-invent the wheel. Just be be good at the basics and be easy to use.

• Great Idea 1

Since I was a Sonar Platinum user, and occasionally still am, I have all of the old synths.  I bought the versions that weren't free, too, as well as the video tutorials for them.  I'd like to see any of the old stuff back, not so much for my benefit as for those whose needs wouldn't require more "adult" synth VSTis.  If I didn't already have them, I'd want them.  I think it's ludicrous to whine that they don't have all the bells and whistles of a pricey 3rd party software instrument.  If that's what you want, you can buy it like everybody else does, and get what you really want!  It's not up to Bandlab to buy your dinner, IMHO.  Ask for something deliverable, and you might get it.

synths.png

Wasn't Beatscape supposed to be a sampler back in Sonar 8? I am not sure, cause i was using allways Battery 3 for my drums, but why not taking this as a starting point? Off course i dont know, if Bandlab has the source code for the older Roland software.