In general which compressors are worth buying for Cakewalk? ( best all rounder )

aidan o driscoll

For side chaining I use the Sonitus compressor onboard Sonar nearly all the time- easy to handle .

For more  colour   the Waves SSL channel is an oldie but goldie and a good starting point.

Edited by Pragi

Cannot have too many COMPRESSORS :D

If only this offer was out 2 or 3 weeks ago when I bought the 2 WAVES plugins - Scheps Omni Channel & CLA Mixhub .. I dont regret though

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/85-off-the-vla-bundle-by-black-rooster-audio/

85% off the greatest Vintage Leveling Amplifier Bundle by Black Rooster Audio!

The most legendary, classic and versatile compression plug-ins you’ll ever get at this price! Renowned for their masterful vintage plug-ins for the modern user, Black Rooster Audio presents the VLA Bundle – consisting of the VLA-2A, VLA-3A and the VLA-FET – the trifecta of exceptional compressors to take your productions to the next level.

€32 instead of €220

Edited by aidan o driscoll

On 7/3/2021 at 12:23 PM, aidan o driscoll said:

lk? NOT ALL HAVE EXTERNAL SIDE CHAINING I dont think?

Nowadays I would think all the comps that come stock with a daw have a s/c feature & they're usually quite good.

There's so many great comps available today, paid & free. I still sometimes go back to the one that pretty much started it all- Waves C1. Works as well as it did when I bought it over 20 years ago. (Didn't need to use WUP on it but once or twice in all that time.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Cannot have too many COMPRESSORS :D

If only this offer was out 2 or 3 weeks ago when I bought the 2 WAVES plugins - Scheps Omni Channel & CLA Mixhub .. I dont regret though

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/85-off-the-vla-bundle-by-black-rooster-audio/

85% off the greatest Vintage Leveling Amplifier Bundle by Black Rooster Audio!

The most legendary, classic and versatile compression plug-ins you’ll ever get at this price! Renowned for their masterful vintage plug-ins for the modern user, Black Rooster Audio presents the VLA Bundle – consisting of the VLA-2A, VLA-3A and the VLA-FET – the trifecta of exceptional compressors to take your productions to the next level.

€32 instead of €220

Bought .. good to have in the toolbox. You also end up with 3 other FREE plugs - Canary, Cypress TT-15 and VHL-3C